CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Stood Up!

But I knew he would. I told Heather I even had a dream about it this morning. I was correct. My alternative plan was to either go to the opera, Lotus Festival or a movie. I ended up downtown at Lotus Festival, saw lots of people I knew and heard some interesting world music. Had a nice sandwich and people watched. I made a plan to go to an event with Renee and Jeremy, but then couldn't find them and I was cell-phone-less so impossible to hookup properly in the hoards of people. I decided that meant I was destined to come home and write in my blog as I should have done earlier anyway so here I am!

The thing that pisses me off about the stood up part is that I could have made plans with some of the tens of people I saw at Lotus Festival to GO WITH THEM, plan on paying and not have to be all impromptu and, "oh I didn't get a bracelet for admission into the special stuff so we'll have to hook up later." I CHOSE to make plans with him tonight, CHOSE to not call my other friends even though I knew I wanted to go out, etc... I do understand that he had a busy day today, taught a special seminar that was LONG, but my goodness, I was busy too! Got my house clean, moved furniture some more, went to the dump, worked at the orchestra garage sale for three hours, did plenty of physical labor there, believe me!

I guess this is one of those learning experiences. Just as I learned to never really count on Debbie when she makes plans, I think I will have to start to think of Will that way. And I know there will never be anything serious or long-term with Will, but it would be nice to just have a simple plan that was followed through. And if he reads this, he'll probably be mad at me. He knows I'm all about honesty, though, so whatever.

I DUSTED THE CEILING FAN. After writing about it, I couldn't not do it. I also swept the ceiling all around it where wads of dust were hanging off the ceiling in a circular pattern. It could probably be cleaner. If I get the ladder back in tomorrow I may work on it some more.

Today I washed my sheets and quilt, washed the pillows off the couch, vacuumed my room and dusted, went to the dump, moved some more stuff back into the purple room, did all the aforementioned dusting activities. Tomorrow I would like to get the computer back to the purple room and the china cabinet out here. I will have to wait for Michael to get home to do the china cabinet. It is too heavy to even scoot. Then I can start getting the purple room all nice again. Living room and my room had to be first priority for my mental health. I'm still not sure on the placement of some things, with the addition of the china cabinet, but I really like it and we really need the storage. I have some china - my grandmother's beverage set she used for her bridge parties and some candlewick. I also put all my table cloths and place mats and extra napkins and things in there. It is nice and colorful. I love table cloths. I found (super cheap) matching table clothes for all three tables for the party Saturday. They are the vinyl ones. I decided that because I am promoting it as a family-friendly party, vinyl is okay. I am tempted to stay up late and work on more house stuff, but I know I will be better off to read some more of my book, rest, sleep and then get up and go to church tomorrow if it feels right and then do the house stuff.

Happy today for: that I did meet up with friends downtown, even though we couldn't QUITE make it back together. I bought a hose reel at the garage sale and we have needed one for years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a deal breaker for me...being stood up w/ no true good reason...or adequate time for a call to say: "Hey I can't make it". An hour before a date is NOT acceptable.

Regardless I wish I could go to festivals with you. :-/