CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Peeves...

I thought of a couple of things I really don't like today:

1) When people say, "highth" ending with the theta sound, instead of height. The word just ends in a T!

2) When my co-worker calls her customers "Sweetie."

3) People who talked with regular voices during the orchestra concert. I had to speak tonight about my upcoming event and felt like giving a little concert etiquette lesson, but I refrained.

The end of complaining.

Gov. Daniels came in today and I got ballsy. I gave his assistant a copy of the article from the paper about the orchestra trip to France and one each of the pamphlets about just sponsoring the orchestra through straight donations or sponsoring the orchestra by hiring them or ensembles of the students to play at events such as weddings, parties, etc. So maybe something good will happen OR I will get fired from my job and Ms. G the orchestra director will have to let me and Michael come live in her garage.

Happy today for: a nice conversation with one of the other orchestra parents. Her daughter and Michael have been in school together literally since kindergarten. It makes me feel so happy that my children have been able to stay in the same school and everything for so long. It is a kind of stability I never had and I am glad to provide it.

2 comments:

Deb said...

"Brava" for the support of the orchestra, your readiness and willingness to approach his assistant with the concept. Exceptional.

Yes, Brava!

Deb

Amber said...

Yay for your bravery!

I HATE being called sweetie- especially by people I don't know. I actually switched dentists once because the billing lady (who you saw after every appointment) called me sweetie multiple times in a conversation. She was easily 4-5 years younger then me too! If she'd been a grandma I might have tolerated it.

My neighbor not only calls people sweetie but also winks multiple times in conversations. It's hard to have a conversation with her because I feel like she's condescending.