CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Speaking of Mellow...

I came home and cooked some cream of vegetable soup. I ate. I started laundry. I watched the Obama infomercial and knitted. I washed dishes. I cleaned house. I am actually still doing some of these activities periodically. Michael was at Alexander's part of the time so I have had some solitude. Yay solitude. We've talked a little bit about our possible plans for Halloween night. I was supposed to go out with a new man, but then he realized it was Halloween and he had promised his great nephew he could come over and stay all night after trick or treat. Boo for family loyalty. No, really I find it quite endearing.

I should have gone to Rachael's Cafe to work out some of the details for the Nov. 15th orchestra fund raiser, but once I got home it was too hard to leave. I will call on the phone tomorrow. Speaking of orchestra.... Michael was notified that he was selected as an alternate for the all state orchestra so if someone drops out he may get to go. Emily didn't go until her senior year and there are a lot more violins than cellos so I think being selected as an alternate cellist when a junior is pretty good.

Speaking of tomorrow, at work the managers are supposed to make some kind of announcement to us tomorrow that we will really like. I hope it's more money, that's all I can say!

Speaking of Halloween, I like packing my treat bags and I STILL haven't done it! I think I want to go out Friday night too after trick or treat. Michael is contemplating going to a party, but he is indecisive. Torn between his desire to be social, now that he has friends, and his desire to go to bed early. He is playing at a wedding AND some other event on Saturday, so I am kind of thinking he will choose the go to bed option, knowing Michael, but I would like him to go out with people too. We were just talking about drinking and drugs and I gave him the "call me and I will pick you up, no matter what," speech and he said, "Mom, Kelsey is the President of SADD... and Ned is too smart to drink and drive." Well, smart kids do dumbass things sometimes!

Speaking of calling your mom if you need a ride, Today I am happy that I got a Tracfone for Michael this week. I really shouldn't have spent the money, but there have been a couple of times recently when we really needed to communicate better and couldn't. I told him that he is not allowed to give the number to his friends without permission, however, and I think that made him kind of mad. He asked why and I said, "because this phone is for you and me to communicate when needed, not for you to chat with your friends." He replied that he doesn't chat on the phone with his friends, which is really true, and if he asked permission to give it to a friend for the purpose of communicating about rides or something I would say yes. I just want to make sure he understands it's a NEEDS phone, and not a WANTS phone. Does that make sense? Anyway, it is my happy for today, really.

No comments: