CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

PSAT

Michael is studying and practicing for the PSAT which is tomorrow. He said, "Mom, this may be the most important test I ever take in my life." He really hopes for a National Merit Scholarship. I guess it's possible. I am glad he is so optimistic. Emily did well on hers and she received a "Letter of Commendation" but no actual money. I told Michael that even if he does only that well, it may help the universities want him enough to offer their own Academic Excellence scholarships like Emily got. I don't want to discourage his optimism, but he gets his expectations so high and then gets so disappointed if they don't work out. I'd hate to see him really suffer a blow.

I swear when I was in HS I didn't know anything about the PSAT. One day they just said all the juniors go to the auditorium and it happened. I remember seeing Doug Kildsig using a calculator and being pissed off that he was cheating. I was in the advanced classes and stuff, somebody must have told us sometime... maybe I just don't remember. There was definitely not preparation ahead of time and packets of practice tests handed out like Michael has received!

I am tired tonight. I worked hard at work today, but was bored in the afternoon. On the way home I got gas and groceries and a Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner and I was exhausted by the time I got home. I didn't do any dinner dishes or anything last night because I went to Buffalo Sisters and then was so tired I pretty much just blogged and went to bed. Now there is a lot to catch up on! I hate my bad habits like that. Sigh... Going to go do 10 more minutes right now!

Happy today for: carrots and broccoli. I took a bunch to work today and enjoyed healthy snacks other than tomato juice. All the fiber ought to do me good! But I am definitely planning tomato juice for a snack tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mel got her test results back. She called crying. It just kept telling her, "It may feel like the end of the world, but it's not. It's just a test." Plus, they can take them over next year without any repercussions. But she was still upset. She kept saying, "I'm going to drop out of school!"
Heather