CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Quote:

"In fact, I think that's why people write, to uncover the lessons of the hard times."

Arley in The Most Wanted, by Jacquelyn Mitchard.

It was easy to stay home and eat homemade food today! No car - I would have had to ride my bike or walk. I enjoyed my time home today. It was kind of my Saturday, but with no dump run or thrift shopping. I read a lot today and I felt so relaxed. I kept thinking I should go out and mow and it was a beautiful day. I did go out and work a little bit on the yard and cleaned off the porch, but I never got to the mowing stage.. Maybe Tuesday, tomorrow I have an orchestra meeting.

Mom called to see if they could come tomorrow, which turns out to be good timing. Maybe it will work out that the car is easily fixed and we can go pick it up Tuesday or something. I still don't know how I will pay for it, but I am going to think optimistically.

I gotta go and take my medicine, put away a load of laundry and clean up beside my bed. I made a couple of messes by cleaning out and switching purses and finishing a couple of hats and leaving a mess. I hate it when I get sloppy like that! I want my room to be a little haven of peace and I don't feel that peace when it is messy.

Steph is really sad and lonely in dealing with her cancer. Even with her parents nearby she feels so alone. They took the big spot off her leg Friday and it took a skin graft, which left 10 stitches and the another 20 to sew it on. Yuck and gross and sad. It is hard for me to have long distance friendships and not be able to help physically when I wish I could. If I were rich, I'd be finding some business that would deliver homemade chicken noodle soup and a bouquet of flowers and be on the phone or internet with a charge card in a second. Unfortunately, I am NOT rich, as you all know, so that cannot happen.

So happy today for warm blankets and warm clothes. It's starting to get chilly!

No comments: