CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Remember earlier

when I said I was lucky or happy or whatever that I do not have to make any life decisions right now?

My fortune has been re-enforced by Stephanie calling me today and telling me she has skin cancer. I guess Squamous cell (I should look it up) which is about the middle threat kind. So they have taken three spots off her and are doing more tests to determine what the treatment will be. She confessed that the one spot she had on her chest she has had for over a year and ignored, which is not a good thing. It gives it a lot of time to get deep in the tissue and metastasize. She said they even cut pretty deep taking it out. Ouchy. I am sad. I am glad she is away from unsupportive and cheating husband and near her parents. It will be hard for me to have to hear about it long distance and not be around to help. All I can hope for is that they were able to get it all and maybe a little radiation and there you go, good as new. No more tanning beds, Steph! We always joked about her being "tanorexic," and now it is coming to one of the worst possible outcomes.

Sigh...

5 comments:

Ann said...

I, on the other hand, am glad you are not closer to help i.e., spread yourself too thin taking care of other people instead of hope. By the way, you should be here with my chicken noodle soup in another 16 hours, right? That puts you just in time to drive The Kid to soccer practice for me. Oh, and I hope you don't mind cleaning the bathroom after you drop him off...

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hope said...

You know if it were for this dumb job and that silly house payment dilemma I would be there in a second... well... a couple more hours. Ihad topull over in a Cracker Barrel Parking lot and lseep a little bit! :)

And I would clean the bathroom AND the kitchen and leave you a freezer full of ready made meals!

BZero said...

Eep! Scary! I just had a tumor removed, myself.

Have a good birthday this week! Stay well!

Hope said...

Hey! Bzero! I didn't know you were tuned in to Google Blogger. I still check out your LJ every once in a while. You lead SUCH a more social life than I do. I'm not into games, but I can live vicariously through you every once in a while. And I hope your tumor thing is a good outcome.