CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Party report... and today.

Not as many attendees as I would have liked. Honestly when I used to have parties I'd have 25 - 30 people packed in my tiny house - standing room only. The past couple have been VERY small. I don't know why. I am kind of sad about that. There were nine guests in and out throughout the night. Positive side is the people who came are all people I love and we had wonderful conversation, good food and it was very relaxing. Just really different than the old parties where house and garage were full, karaoke machine out, multiple conversations, all kinds of stuff. I made: brownies, deviled eggs, meatballs in sauce, veggie tray, cheese and crackers, pasta salad. Michelle brought artichoke dip and crusty bread. Gillian brought some fruit. Sonja brought cupcakes, and a layered Mexican dip and chips AND a creme cake. So we had PLENTY of food.

Heather and I went and hiked the loop at Griffy today. It was a very nice hike. We saw MANY squirrels and chipmunks, Blue Jay, Woodpecker, BIG beetle, tiny toad. You know how happy I feel when we see lots of good animals. Oh, and also hot cross-country runners.

We also made a trip to the craft store. I used my 50% off coupon at Michael's and bought a set of the knitting looms. I am going to go to Buffalo sisters sharing circle tomorrow and what I will share will be how to use the looms to make hats. I have two hats that are almost complete so I can show my sisters how to start a hat on their own looms and then I will be able to finish off the ones I almost have complete so they can see how to finish them. I love my hat looms. It is one of the most relaxing thing Anxiety Girl does! I feel like I can watch TV and do things that normal people do to relax and if I am working on a hat or something, then I don't feel guilty for watching television.

Heather took a picture of tiny toad on her camera, but so far it hasn't worked for her to email it to me. If we can get it to work I will post it. She may have to try to send it to work email tomorrow and we'll see what happens.

Happy today for: The hike it was the BEST thing today. We had originally planned to go to a movie and when we went outside and realized how beautiful it was we did the hike instead. BEST HIKE THIS SUMMER - well except the one I took two days after my surgery with hopeless crush (who did NOT come to the party - pout), when I totally started crushing on him!

No comments: