CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Buffalo Gals...

well it's actually "Buffalo Sisters," but one woman really likes to sing Buffalo Gals at the end of the evening. It was a good night to sing it too, and we should have gone out and danced by the light of the moon. The moon is so bright tonight there are some of the deepest and most defined moon shadows I ever recall seeing!

Give twice receive twice. Tonight I gave how to knit hats on the hat looms. I was able to purchase a set very inexpensively at Michael's and of course I have yarn out the Wazoo. But I learned two lessons: The sets they sell cheaply at Michael's are not as high quality as the ones I ordered online so many years ago AND twenty minutes is not really enough time to demonstrate the beginning, the middle and the end.
I received an interesting session of what this woman termed "synchronicity." She had me think on something in my life and imagine it going into a little box. I chose to think on my health challenges and thought of different words that I consider related and really did visualize the words going into the box. Then she had me randomly pick readings from a couple of books. She read them out loud to me and then I was supposed to make some kind of connection... Well the first reading was about a dead and jilted lover who comes back to a spot and kills men. The other was also about lovers. So either somehow in the synchronicity of the universe my health is connected to having or not having a lover or it was total BS. The funniest thing to me was - on the way there on the radio they played the song "Synchronicity" by the Police. Even though it was the name of the album it did not get a lot of radio play and was really a deeper cut on the album. Things that make you go hmmm...

Second receiving was a upper body massage from a woman who is really good at it. I will probably be still feeling it tomorrow. I need to remember to drink a lot of water - as I always should anyway - to flush out the released toxins.

I'm sure I was emotionally toxic today. I was so pissed off at Stacey at work this morning I had trouble staying at my desk. Gillian saved me, however. She sent me an email that said let it go and don't let it poison me. Also, she had called me last night and suggested that we take our bikes to work and ride on our lunch hour. So we had a WONDERFUL, AMAZING and FUN thirty-five minute bike ride on our lunch. It was perfect weather and just the perfect thing to cleanse me of my anger. I functioned much better in the afternoon.

So now I have done really good exercise two days in a row. Time for me to start kicking ass again!

Happy today for a lot of the above, but also for the fact that I have two pairs of glasses. I accidentally left mine on the table at Christine's tonight and once I left I just didn't feel like going back. Thanks to having another pair, I was able to make that choice and now I can just work on time to get there when it's convenient for both of us and retrieve the other pair. I am even thinking it might be a nice bike ride that I can make without really having to go on the highway except to get across. Maybe if there is a time this weekend that works for both of us I can be brave and try it!

No comments: