CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 17, 2008

Crock pot vegetarian?

I know I love meat cooked in the crock pot, but I am trying it today with veggies. I put in onions, potatoes, and three colors of peppers. We have this combo as "roasted" veggies where I drizzle with a little olive oil and spices and bake at high heat and we love it. I am worried that they will be too mushy in the crock pot, or the potatoes will still be raw and everything else mush. We need something really fast for dinner so we can get to Indy on time tonight, though... I can always nuke a piece of meat or fish to defrost it and low oil grill it on the stove for my protein and Michael can do his own protein thing. We'll see what happens.

I am having a busy day at work, home for lunch right now and wanting to blog for Blog 365 because I will be driving to Indy tonight and then meeting Buck/Lee after I drop off Michael, and who knows when I will get home. I am really looking forward to it! Lisa may also come meet up with us if she is done at work. She makes a lot of money, but she works her ass off for like a zillion hours to do it!

Happy today for all kinds of things! Happy I thought of veggies in the crock pot, AND for the crock pot itself, which Emily gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago.

Now to eat a little lunch and back to work!

No comments: