CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 10, 2008

Being mellow...

i am supposed to go out with Renee tonight, but the thing she wanted to go to started at 7:00. Michael went to some kind of bike race and I don't really want to leave until I know he's home safely. The catch is, however, that the longer I stay here and wait for Michael, the less I want to go out... I know Renee went ahead and went without me with somebody else so I don't feel like I am making her miss anything. I feel a little guilty, though because I am having the party tomorrow and I didn't invite her and I really haven't seen her for a long time. It's just that the party has work people coming and stuff like that and I don't want it to be uncomfortable for anybody and she did get fired from her job there, see? Maybe I am mostly afraid that I would be uncomfortable, even though it sounds mean, that's the truth.

I decided menu for the party would just be whatever I feel like making tomorrow. I usually try to have some kind of "theme" Italian food, or cook-out food or potato bar, or... but I decided just to have lots ingredients here for party favorites and throughout the day I'll just cook as I go and see what we end up with! So maybe it will be all hors'devours. (I can't spell it!) or maybe I'll get industrious and make a lasagna or big pot of soup or maybe I'll go get those Papa Murphy's pizzas and be lazy! We'll just be surprised.

Today was a good day at work. It was not busy enough for me. I spent too much time talking and even though I did help Leah with some of her tasks I felt bored and like I wasted too much time. It was enjoyable, however. We had kind of one of those celebration days. We celebrated Leah and my birthdays and Barrett's last day and so we had treats around and just a good fun attitude. I still miss Peaceful Valley, but I am getting more comfortable back in the Classifieds Corner.

I feel kind of wishy washy tonight - maybe because the going out thing is kind of dragging me down. I'm thinking I wonder if "What Not to Wear" is still on Friday nights? I used to watch it regularly and I kind of miss Clinton and Stacy!

I also started a new book, well two. First is a Bob Greene book that is kind of a workbook. I can't remember the name. Second is a novel by Anna Quindlen called "Blessings." I am really enjoying it so far. I wasn't too keen on her "Black and Blue" a few years ago, but I used to enjoy reading her column in Newsweek when I subscribed to it.

Happy today for Good books, whole-grain pasta and fresh grape tomatoes from my garden for my pasta! Yum.

No comments: