CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 6, 2008

No humiliation tonight.

I went to the Diabetes Support Group that meets once a month. I really dreaded going and HATED leaving the house once I had been home. I had set it as a goal, however, in my last class of the Diabetes Education, and you know how goal-oriented I am. I think the one thing it reinforced is that I should be logging my foods again. I know I am more mindful of my health and what I eat when I have to either write it down or record it on the computer. I used Fitday last time and I really like the way it analyzes the nutrition values automatically. I have a hard time keeping my fat/ carbs ratios correct.

I think I was the only person there under age seventy - no kidding. MAYBE 65 if I stretch my imagination. It wasn't too bad, but not worth going into detail. I don't know if I will go again or not. It's only once a month and it's on Monday so usually Michael will be a Bike Project and if he's NOT at Bike project it's because he has too much homework so he doesn't need me around anyway.

I felt very weepy this afternoon - don't know why - so it could have been a dangerous thing to be out in public, but I managed to do it okay and without any drugs.

I do feel quite ANXIOUS this evening and I am worried about getting to sleep, even though I can tell my body is really tired. All that furniture moving Saturday and Sunday has taken its toll. I may take a REAL pain pill tonight, but I hate to do it. I think it's kind of funny that I get freaked out about taking them maybe once a week and my doctors are all like - USE THE MEDICINE... hell, when even your chiropractor tells you to take more medicine...

Steph called and said she meets with the oncologist on the 17th to plan her treatment. It is definitely the squamous cell type of cancer in two of the three spots they removed and the other spot is just a "let's keep an eye on it" spot.

I never did do my third quarter Uberlist update over the weekend - spent too much time cleaning house, I guess. It sure does feel nice to have a CLEAN and REARRANGED house! It gives me closure on the Roma episode to have this room as my family room once again and not the bedroom for the sociopathic exchange student.

Happy today for: The Pharmacy Tech at Target who is always so kind to me - Jesse. I am a frequent customer with all my chronic ailments and disorders and she is always polite, informative and does her job exceptionally well. I should write the store manager and tell him or her how wonderful Jesse really is!

No comments: