CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 7, 2008

Still sick

Up since before the alarm went off when on a usual workday I can't drag my ass out of bed! Up coughing and tossing and turning all night despite taking narcotics and cough syrup. Now I'm back in the purple room, formerly known as Emily's room, with a heater running even though it's the warmest January 6th in one hundred years! It is supposed to get up to 65 degrees today and I am too ill to enjoy it! It has gone from last week when I had to forbid Michael to ride his bike because the wind chill was fifteen below to sixty-one degrees this morning. I finally let him ride his bike on Thursday when it got up to twenty and he rode THE LONG WAY - I don't know how many miles, but a lot - almost out to Lake Monroe, and that means the OTHER side of the lake, not our side.

I would actually walk outside today if I were healthy - fifty is about my tolerance for outside walking. I still feel today like walking to the kitchen to get my half a bagel was taxing. I took some medicine already. I hope it kicks in soon. My head is throbbing, my throat hurts, all my muscles ache from coughing..... I even feel like my muscles hurt from lying down too much. My body is not used to me NOT doing anything like this!

No comments: