CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy Happy

I went to the new Nurse Practitioner again this morning. I like her SO MUCH. In two years Dr. La Follette never once had me take my shoes off and check my feet. When I told him I was worried about them he laughed and said, " oh you aren't far enough along and your sugar is never high enough to worry about neuropathy." She asked me about my feet today and had me take my shoes off and poked every toe checking for feeling. BP was 118/72, like a normal person.

Michael and I went to Family Church at UU tonight which was Kwanzaa dinner. I was careful because last year after all that soul food was the only time EVER my BS has tested over 300. Tonight I had very careful portions and tested and it was 172 - still over my post-prandial goal, but not outrageous at all. When I walked in I spotted right away a woman who is also post-Mormon. We went and sat with her and it was really nice. She said she attends pretty regularly on Sundays. I never seem to make the Sundays, but make the Wednesday dinners once or twice a year which include special things for the children which educate about other religions or cultures or something. My friend, Cindy, is Director of Education and she always does a good job with it. I might try a little harder to hit a Sunday with Kathy, the other post Mormonism woman there.

I took down most of the Christmas decor tonight. I usually leave it up a little longer, but I got a big candleholder from freecycle and I am anxious to set it up! I love the Christmas decorations a lot, but for some reason they were also feeling kind of cluttery to me this year. It must be time for me to do a good purge and get rid of some more stuff.

Today's small happinesses.
My new health care provider.
That Renee was thoughtful enough to call and make sure I knew tonight was the Kwanzaa dinner.
That for part of the Kwanzaa dinner when we were supposed to name an ancestor whom we honor, Michael said, "My Uncle Bobby, just because he was awesome."

No comments: