CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Finally got to the store

and got my meds filled.

I had to go without one med for one day that I'm supposed to take daily, but I am pretty sure I'll survive.

The trip was exhausting. BUT.... drumroll please.....I came home and cooked a real live dinner! I had a little piece of meat I bought last week and it has been sitting in the fridge. I was afraid it had gone bad, but it seemed okay. My fridge is defective so it actually freezes many things I don't want frozen so the meat was probably on the cusp of frozen all week. So I threw it in the oven on a slow roast for a couple of hours and told Michael if he washed and cut potatoes I' d make mashed potatoes and he did. So we had a nice dinner of roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy and those little skinny frozen green beans. Now the dishes are still all dirty and I'm too exhausted to do them, but that's another matter for another time.

I told Michael it's probably the last meal he can expect cooked for him this week because I bet going to work is going to wear me out like crazy. Plus he has a concert and other stuff this week. I am not sure I can handle it all! I did stay awake all day today which may be a first since the onset - well - I think there was one other day.

I also drank an herbal tonic of some sort Shelley the cello teacher gave me, maybe that helped. red Xing Nia or something like that. She distributes Young Life Essentials, which has to be some Mormon multi-level marketing because it comes from Lehi, Utah! She's not Mormon, but she has mentioned that she has friends who are Ex.

So now I need to take my night-time meds, brush my teeth, and get my body in bed. Tomorrow is going to be a big day. I am dreading walking up the stairs when I get to work. Sometimes it's hard on just a normal bad day, now after THIS... well we'll see.

Editing to add: happiness for today was pretty much all of the above, but if I have to pick ONE thing, I'd say that the meat was still good so I didn't waste money and was able to make a dinner so easily.

More editing to add: I looked at the Young Living website and yes, it is multi-level marketing. Here's what I took:
NingXia Red®: Whole Ningxia wolfberry (lyceum barbarum) puree, Blueberry (Vaccinium corymbosum) juice, Pomegranate (Punica granatum) juice, Apricot (Prunus armeniaca) juice, Raspberry (Rubus idaeus) juice, Organic blue agave (A. tequilana) nectar, Grape (Vitis vinifera) seed, skin, and stem, Lemon (Citrus limon)† rind, Orange (Citrus sinensis)† rind, ascrobic acid, natural blueberry flavor, potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate.

So definitely an anti-oxidant boost if anything!

No comments: