CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Good news, Good news, Good news

Good news: I had a guy come to give me an estimate on foundation repair for my house. For TWO YEARS I have thought I was in desperate straits based on what a woman from one company had told me. This new guy said my sill plate is not rotted at all. All I need is a new patio door. I suspect she had estimated it up big because at the time I had hoped the insurance would pay for the repair. I trusted her completely based on gender and the issue has been torturing me, often keeping me awake at night all this time and worrying me that my desired move out west would never be able to happen because I would never be able to get the house to pass inspections to be able to sell.

Good news: The state tax refund has already arrived and I have already had the landline phone reconnected and paid a couple of way past due bills and am feeling parts of the financial burdend lifting, lifting.

Good news: the tax check arrival coincided with a sale on sewing machines at Target! Guess what I purchased tonight.

I am tired, but a good tired. I definitely earned my keep at work today. Each township has to publish an annual report of all their finances for the prior year and they require a lot of work.

Michael and I are watching a BBC series called "The Good Life" about a suburban couple who tries sustainable living. Michael really wants to watch it because it is supposed to be well researched as well as entertaining. It is funny, so I'm off to watch.

Many, many happies today, but a nice little one is how well a cough drop really can work!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Yay for the house stuff and feeling better! Is this show on PBS or a video or what? Sounds interesting.