CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 11, 2008

Mom in hospital

Emily called me first and said Mom had had pneumonia, but they thought this was blood clots in her lungs. Then Heather called and said they were doing tests and should know by 6:00. A little after 7:00 Heather called back and said she had talked to Mom who said the dr. had not come back to see her yet so it must not be too serious and that she was mad at the nurses for not being able to find a vein right. Heather said she sounded "feisty" so she must be okay.

I'm tired, but have eaten more today. I wish I could eat more, yet not gain back the weight! As weak as I am, I know it will be a while before I am ready to do more than walk just little tiny bits at a time. I still have to rest after getting a drink of water!

Michael did about half the dishes tonight. I told him he had to before he went to the climbing gym. Tomorrow he will have to finish them before he goes to bike project. He has probably loved that I have been too sick to interfere in his life this week! He is transportationally independent with his bike. He doesn't care that it is only 35 degrees, as long as it is not pouring rain. He has asked me to pick him up twice and lucky he hit both times when I was at the misery part of the cycle of the narcotics doses, not the unconscious and shouldn't drive part.

Shelley wants him to have a cello lesson tomorrow because I cancelled last night. I need to go to Target and get meds anyway, on her side of town so we will probably do it.

Today's happiness. Microwave, for WARM tomato juice. Mmmmmm.......

1 comment:

Deb said...

Good thoughts your Mom's way. Any update?

And until you're better let me will all cellos understand. Hear my piano, playing, "take good care of yourself..."