CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2007 Uberlist Final Assessment

HEALTH/FITNESS
1) Participate in intentional physical activity at least three times each week.
I had good weeks and bad weeks at this. I will call it half accomplished!
2) Drink at least two glasses of water daily.
Doing well, MUCH better now after (mostly) giving up soda.
3) Eat at least three servings of vegetables daily
Doing well – I haven’t been as good at this lately, maybe reading this list will remind me. I did better when I kept little cans of tomato juice at work. My recent tomato juice cravings have really helped!
4) Lose 20 pounds
Lost about five this year- but at least I am trending down and didn't gain any!
5) Get a mammogram
Did it!
6) Get Zuki her shots this year
Zuki died. (Not because I didn’t get her her shots!)
7) Get Flop his shots too.
Suzanne did it.
8) Get Pasta spayed and vaccinated
Gave her away instead to someone who promised to get her spayed and everything.
9) Get a flu shot next fall.
Did it!
10) Graph blood glucose at least one week per month.
Haven’t done. I really should, but I think my numbers are getting better when I test.
11) Read the books the Nurse Practitioner recommended.
Nope
12) Log my foods at least once a week on Fit Day or in journal
Have done about twice all year. I need to have a renewed energy toward this.
13) Get my annual exam within one month of one year anniversary.
Too poor.
14) Get a massage
I did it! It was great and I had her work on my feet a lot and I think it really helped them feel better.
15) Get a pedicure OR see if I need to see the podiatrist
I saw the podiatrist. He recommended certain brands and models of shoes to help my pain. I can’t afford the ones he told me to get. I did get a pair of one of the brands (Avia) on clearance a couple of weeks ago. I have been wearing them most of the time and I do believe they have helped the pain.
16) Get medical ID repaired and update medicine card.
Got medical ID bracelet repaired and have been wearing it steadily since - lower numbers have made me a little wonky sometimes, so made it a priority!

HOME IMPROVEMENT/ ORGANIZATION
17) Finish this list by January 31st.
Done
18) Prune the mulberry tree
Nope.
19) Get rid of one stump in yard
Nope.
20) Get rid of twenty books I will never read again
I am sure I have done this. I will so some more soon!
21) Get a window covering for kitchen window
Nope
22) Clean the kitchen cabinets
Yes!
23) Mount spoon “handles” on cabinets
Nope
24) Clean out the car extremely well at least once
Still haven’t done it.
25) Clean the carpet in Emily’s room
Nope
26) Clean the carpet in my room
Nope
27) Clean my bedroom closet
I did this and got rid of a bunch of clothes that I no longer wear.
28) Add more topsoil to the garden
Nope
29) Label garage shelves and organize
Nope
30) Get the garage door opener repaired or replaced
Too poor.
31) Research how to grow a grape arbor
Nope
32) Start grapevines if financially able
Nope
33) Caulk by my bathtub
Nope
34) Paint Michael’s room
YES! His room his painted. It looks really, really good!
35) Get the gutters cleaned out
Nope – it needs done really badly.
36) Get Michael's bed built
YES! Gill and I did it for girlfriend project day. Got the new comforter. Now if only he would make his bed!
37) Make a stepping stone path to the backyard
Nope – I am going to keep watching Freecycle for parts for this.
38) Paint the front door
Still picking color and wondering if you can use the latex paint on the metal door.
39) Touch up wall paint in living room
Nope
40) Get the oil changed in the car by January 31, then every 6000 miles.
I got the oil changed! It’s almost due again, but I felt so happy to do it..
41) Get rid of at least two more major items through Freecycle/ giving away.
I have done EVEN MORE – now I have also disposed of an old bookcase, also gave extra bed to Chris for Miko.
42) Finish getting the stuff out of Emily's closet
Sort of – it’s functional enough that she was able to live here this summer.
I am reorganizing this closet to hold my craft items so they will more accessible. Emily has signed a year ‘round lease on an apartment, so it’s MY closet now!
CRAFTS/ INTELLECTUAL PURSUITS/ ARTISTIC
43) Read at least thirty books
Twenty-nine - can you believe it? And then finished one today!
44) Five of those should be books from Emily’s list of “Must reads” (Use Stephen King's list in "On Writing" if I can't find Emily's.)
Don't think I even looked for the list. I got really into lighter reading in my fiction this year.
45) A couple of those should be non-fiction or “educational”
“’Tis” was non-fiction, “Boys of My Youth,” and “Martha’s Rules” Also "How to Ruin Your Life."
46) Take a class in something, anything!
My life sciences class at Ivy Tech in the Spring, and just last week started a series of Management in the Life Sciences Industry through IU continuing studies.
47) Finish the first draft of “The Stone Cold Heart”
48) Contact Todd to see if he wants Holt Family notebooks.
Still no reply – I will try a written letter next, I guess.
49) Knit at least ten hats (or other items) to give away
Done.
50) Get a new pennywhistle
Nope
51) Watch ten movies off the “must see” list.
Annie Hall. One tenth done.
52) Go to a concert, even if I have to pay for tickets
Well I went to an amazing IU Philharmonic Concert, but I was really talking about a rock concert when I wrote this. They have become so expensive!
53) Buy a new CD
Nope
54) Sew something nice for someone
Nope – actually I have finished a scarf for Deb (embroidered, not sewn). I need to press it and get it in the mail and I will count that. Plus, sewed 20 sashes for the orchestra. That definitely counts.
55) Dye the pillowcases.
Done! I love the way they turned out. I took a picture I should get developed and post soon.
56) Visit at least one Frank Lloyd Wright building and tour it (Taliesin or in Chicago)
Too poor, so far.
57) Write in Live Journal at least once a month
Oh yeah.
58) Attend at least one play at BPP or IU Theatre
Went to Romeo and Juliet by Blgtn Civic Theater.
59) Make the shower curtain.
Done!
60) Make another valiant attempt to learn to crochet. Try a personalized lesson, maybe.
61) Attend one IU Auditorium Show
Renee took me to “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.”
62) Attend at least one of the "One Book" Discussion groups
Nope – I missed out on this. I am a loser.
63) Start a file with the ideas for "Naked Lips"
Done.

SOCIAL/ RECREATION
64) Write five letters
Wrote one to Diane last week!One ffifth accomplished.
65) Go on a trip all by myself for at least two days
Not yet.
66) Attend at least two more "Women Inspire" meetings
Yes, and joined group and also read at a meeting. I am going to submit my bio to Loni for the website today.
67) Go out with Eric at least once to see if a friendship is feasible or desireable
Not yet. I am going to try again this summer, maybe the Farmer’s Market thing he suggested in the fall. Have seen each other coincidentally a couple of times and think friendship is good, but that will be all.
68) See two online friends in real life
Nope.
69) Meet parents of at least one of Michael's friends
Yep with the Bertaloni-Melis
70) Take a girl trip with somebody somewhere
Done - Heather and I went to Spring Mill.
71) Go to the Civil War thing in Hartford City
Nope – was invited to “Woodhouse Stock” party the same weekend and Michael and I decided it will be more fun.
72) Talk to Hairy David about dance callers for reenactment
Approached the subject, but haven’t done it seriously. I have his email somewhere so I can email him.
73) Write Joyce Scott a letter
Nope
74) Take a special trip for spring break.
Nope – the Emily came home thing, though.
75) Go swimming at least three times
Yes!
76) Go camping
Nope.
77) Go canoeing
Nope.
78) Fly a kite
Nope.
79) Have a picnic at the park instead of home
Nope.
80) Walk the creek with Michael at least once
We didn’t walk the creek, exactly, but we did go on the trail next to it, which Michael really wanted to do. Probably better than walking in our creek full of PCBs anyway!
81) Go to the zoo
Nope.
82) Make sure to talk to Mom and Dad at least once a month
I think I have been better at this.
83) Send Christmas cards or a letter in 2007
Well, not yet!
84) See as many fireworks as possible
Saw some great ones for Independence Day. Didn’t see as many as I would have liked this year.
85) Go to karaoke at least once a month
Haven’t been as good at this this year. I need to try some new places, I think. Steph and I went at Office Lounge last week and it was really a good time and we talked to other people so I felt very social.

PARENTING
86) Cook with Michael more often
He is really taking off on trying stuff on his own and has even expressed interest in taking culinary arts classes at school. It will be hard because he takes up his electives with orchestra, but I think we are going to see if we can get it in.
87) Talk more with Michael about household tasks toward the ultimate goal of giving him more responsibility. I have been working at not being passive/aggressive about my feelings and just leaning toward aggressive! I think it helps. This week gave him a list and he is to do one item each day. Also I told him I will no longer do his laundry while I am taking my class. It is too overwhelming.
88) Help Emily get furniture and essentials for her apartment as able.
Well I haven’t had any money to help, but I have been watching Freecycle and pointed out items that might be of interest to her. She is all set up. I didn’t really help much financially, but did get a pretty nice table from Freecycle.
89) Write Emily a real letter while she is at school
Nope - but she calls me often and we have communicated well this year.
90) Make Michael do more household tasks regularly
Working toward it. See # 87.

FINANCIAL/ PROFESSIONAL
91) Complete my taxes by February 15th
Done.
92) Pay off Citibank card
Trying, trying….
93) Pay off car
DONE!
94) Pay all medical bills that are in collection
Uh – no.
95) Submit resume’ for two positions
Did one at Monroe Hospital. Now working on revamping the resume’ for Baxter Application. Having taken the class will help.
96) Pay back Debbie Shipley completely
Sigh --- still working on it.
97) Pay Dewey at least a little each month.
I have missed a couple of months and now with the house payment increase I am totally stressed about this.
98) Keep checkbook balanced
Fell accomplished with this.
99) Present three new revenue producing or creative ideas at work
Did one. I may give up on this one as my loyalty to H-T is waning with recent developments. Have taken this on as a major portion of my new position. Currently working on establishing contacts at other papers to survey about how they work their Public notices, etc.
Proposed ongoing rewards program to Cory for seeking new advertisers. Also current project about wooing City of Ellettsville - so consider accomplished.

FOOD/COOKING
100) Try some kind of mixed drink or try the hard lemonade
I have tried the hard lemonade and cranberry/vodka. I am still finding that for the most part I would rather use any excess calories and carbs on chocolate than on alcohol! I have a good time without it.
101) Make fondue again
102) Go to the Farmer’s Market at least three times
Yeah, baby. Our tomatoes were terrible this year so it got me to the market pretty regularly.
103) Look into participating in a produce co-op.
I looked into it, but it is $325 for the season. I asked if we could do barter of any kind, but we can’t. I just don’t have that big of a chunk all at once.
104) Try two new vegetarian main dish recipes
I found a couple I am going to try, but I will wait for Michael to be home, or if Renee does come visit for a while. Tried veggie lasagna without cooking the noodles first. I didn't really trust when people said it could be done. Also made black bean veggie chili for chili party.

MISC/ PERSONAL
105) Get two rolls of film developed
YES! Did it – had the ones from New Year’s at Gillian's and some from when we went out west four years ago. There were a couple of nice picture of Bobby before he died and we got prints made and framed and gave to Mom for her birthday in June.
106) Find out about serving on a community board or committee like One Book or MLK Day celebration
Am serving on committees at Women Inspire. One of them is for a big benefit concert which will benefit Middle Way House.
107) Attend UU at least two more times
Right now I am attending the church of sleeping late. Michael and I did go to a Sedar supper at UU, which was really nice to learn all that stuff, so I will count that as one!

No comments: