CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Really disgusted and upset!

I started a headache last night so took the Midrin and went to bed - slept okay, but still awoke with a headache this morning - a bordering on puking migraine, BUT I had class today, the second half the the Project Management class. So I took the Migraine med with the caffeine in it and went to class. My stomach was queasy the whole time. During a break I bought a Sprite to sip and that helped a little bit... so for lunch break I went to Arby's. I thought they had soups and that would be mild on my stomach. They didn't have soup so I got a sandwich.... I had to eat. I used my debit card. When the girl handed me my debit card I put it and the receipt on the tray - BAD MISTAKE. Even as I did it I thought, "that is not what I usually do and it is probably stupid." Yep - I threw the debit card away at Arby's. I didn't realize it until Michael and I went to Aldi and picked out $167 worth of groceries and were checking out. At Aldi you can't write a check, only cash, debit cards or food stamp cards. Michael and I went to Arby's and the manager gave us the trash and gloves and we dug through the trash but never found the card. I am just sick. I cried and cried when we drove back to Aldi. I had to have Michael go back in to tell the cashier she would have to put the order back to stock.

Usually I have no money in my account and if my debit card were lost it would not be a huge deal - it would start getting rejected pretty damn fast. Right now, however ALL my tax money is in there, both the state and federal refunds including my earned income credit and all that - my paying off debt money, and using for getting the house ready to sell money, and buying Michael desperately needed new clothes money, and the 167 dollars worth of groceries desperately needed money. I checked the bank account and no other charges have gone through since Arby's so I hope we just didn't find it, and not somebody else found it and is going to use it. It is going to be inconvenient at best. I am worried about the shopping we were planning to do tomorrow, Michael's clothes shopping and possible refrigerator buying. I guess they will take old fashioned checks, or some places now take the info off the check and go ahead and debit the account electronically. I know Walmart and Old Navy do that. Maybe if we make a large appliance purchase they can verify funds like that.

So we went to Kroger where groceries cost twice as much as at Aldi and bought convenience food for tonight and some other stuff to get us through the weekend - which was thirty dollars. I was starving by then - probably part of the reason I cried so much - when my sugar is low I cry very easily. We came home and ate right away and now I feel a little more calm. Michael is doing laundry and practicing cello. I am working on laundry and going to work on some dishes and try to finish a movie I started, "Living Out Loud."

The Good Life - We watched another episode while we ate - Amber had asked about it. We have it on DVD and I actually was wrong. It's called "Good Neighbors," on the DVD set, even though the original title was The Good Life. It is from the late seventies. It is distributed in US by Warner Brothers. Michael borrowed it from his friend Alexander and it looks like it lasted three seasons.

Happy for: My son playing Bach in his room.
Project Management class is complete.
The bonus of having to go to Kroger was the excuse to buy expensive laundry detergent which I love, instead of the Aldi brand, which I secretly despise.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Good thing also? You have a son who plays the cello- I want a kid to play the cello so I can listen.

Sucks about the card. Hopefully it's just trashed and you can just get a new on on Monday.

Also? Steve (the resident boob expert) pointed out your Ben Stein picture (which I hadn't seen) and said, 'it's pretty funny, then you realize it's the right boob not the left, and then it's even funnier.'

Ben Stein has one lucky shoulder. ;)

Hope said...

I guess it IS the right boob actually touching Ben's shoulder, but I feel like the left boob predominates the picture - it's just a hangin' out there!