CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Amber's Five Questions

What are you thinking about today?
Lots of money thoughts.

What is your favorite (non cereal) breakfast food?
It sounds funny, but probably a can of soup. I have the problem that often nothing sounds good for breakfast, yet I have to eat and take medicine. I can usually handle soup. I also have fallen in love with the blueberry muffins at Wendy's BUT they are pure carbs and too big. Sigh.... so good with coffee.

What is your parenting style?
Well my children are older and Michael is so darn good it is usually pretty easy. When they were little I took a course called "Active Parenting" I think the best things I learned from it were to try to have logical consequences to their actions and to try to use positive speech. Pretend like they never hear the word "DON'T" For example, if you say, "Don't spill the milk." All they hear is "Spill the milk" same for hit your sister, kick the table leg, make a mess.... Instead a parent needs to say. "Hold the milk carefully. It is heavy. Be kind to your sister. Hold your feet still. Pick up the toys when you are finished." I still try to use positive speech... At work last week a manager posted signs everywhere that say, "Don't forget the upsells." And I want to make new ones that say, "Remember the upsells!" When I was in management at the bank I tried to make it a positive environment using these techniques.

What song do you ALWAYS hear on the radio?
It seems like lately I hear that "Lowrider" song too often and I really don't like it. I love my radio station, but that is one song they play that I just can't stand!

If you were voting today who would you vote for?
Probably Senator Obama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope -

Active Parenting is called "Attachment Parenting" nowadays :) and that's awesome that you took that class!! You're kids are better for it, I'm sure!

HUGS!
Randi