CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Worst. Date. Ever.

I couldn't wait to get away from this guy. He is involved in the local political scene and even one on one that was all he talked about. An hour and a half of hearing how evil some of the campaigns are, but he can't REALLY tell me any details because then he would never get hired to work a campaign again, blah. blah. Not even deserving of a third blah! I finally couldn't take it and just said, "You know, I think I need to take off. Email me again if you get a chance." and I was out of there. What a waste of my afternoon.

Food is strange lately. Hardly anything sounds good. I finally decided I could eat out today because I couldn't even think of what I would eat if I came home. I went and ate ribs and salad and fries, which I hardly ever eat fries anymore. Everything made me sick as a dog. It tasted great while I was eating, but I still feel kind of ill. I just ate some tomatoes and feel a little better. Maybe my body is telling me I need more raw food and more nutrients. I still haven't made the pesto. Tomorrow I vow to make the pesto and eat only homemade food all day. I can't promise raw or vegetarian, but as whole as possible.

I think I need more water, too. I am really bad at drinking enough water on weekends. At work it is so easy; two glasses before lunch, water at lunch, two glasses after lunch. This weekend I have had no routine, no regular meals, extra naps and definitely not enough water. I did test my fasting sugar this morning and it came in at 110, which is higher than it has been, but still under the diabetic range. And that is AFTER I ate a white flour crusted calzone at Max's while listening to the band AND had a "mochatini" drink that had two kinds of sweet liqueurs and a shot of vodka.

I really need to go work on weeding that damn garden some more, grumble, grumble, before it gets dark. Every little bit helps.

Happy today for: the courage it took to get up and leave that man. I swear I would still be there listening to him drone if I didn't have what it takes! Go me!

2 comments:

Kim Anderson said...

I am proud of you for leaving mr. boring. GO HOPIE!! I hate dating. It just seems so frivilous. Good luck weeding the garden. If I lived near you, I would come help and we would have a party.

Anonymous said...

First dates are only supposed to be 15-30 minutes long anyway! So, it wasn't rude or anything. (I saw a whole thing about the time limit on Montel or something.) From now on, you could plan on first dates being no longer then an hour.
Heather