CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Depressed?

I started wondering today if I might possibly be clinically depressed. I have had a couple of bouts with it over the years. I have always been what my therapists called "functional" meaning I didn't enjoy life as much , but continued to work, parent and all that. Lately my compulsion to sleep too much and not exercise at all has me worried.

I made a list of events or situations that may be contributing:
Michael gone for extended period
health issues (diabetes & fibroids)
Mom & Dad moving
Financial problems
Sleep disorders
Hunting for new job
Exchange student coming
Fleas
Emily coming
Sexual/ relationship issues
Class reunion
Friend problems (Deanna)


I can get four sessions free through a program at work so I decided to call and make an appt just for an evaluation to see. It could be as Michael gets home and kitty is gone and I know what my health plan is for the fibroids etc... that it will gradually get better. If it seems like I need meds to cope I will do it. I hate to put any other meds in me, but better to do that than not be able to get out of bed. Today I went to work, worked about an hour and half, came home and slept for three hours, then went back and finished the afternoon. That's not good work habits, I'd say...

I hate it when this side of me comes out. I really like being happier and I still enjoy my life. I went to a party tonight and it was a blast and I had a great time. It was a "Pure Romance" home party - they sell sex toys and lotions and things! I became very educated in a short time. i said I ought to host a party and invite my friends from church. I bet they won't be burnt out on that like they are on Pampered Chef! !!! Some of them probably need it too!

Happy today for: being invited to fun party and also unexpectedly meeting some friends there!

2 comments:

Kim Anderson said...

Hopie - I would ask about Chronic Fatique Syndrome. I would try medication, if it would help. I am not a fan of popping a pill for the hell of it, but in my life, pills are what are keeping me alive - and everyone else around me happy. I hope it gets better.

love you!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.