CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Community.

Yesterday was one of my solitary days. At the end of the day I realized I had only spoken to the herb man at the market and my cute waiter at dinner. In a way I was ready for some solitude after Friday night, but it also made me kind of sad...

Today I got out of bed and decided to go to church (UU). When I walked up right away I saw Loni and Syndee talking. Syndee was all excited to see me because she had a party invitation for me. Keep in mind I haven't been to church on a Sunday for like two years. Then Loni and her children sat with me and she introduced me to more people. Loni even invited Michael and me to come sleep at her house if we need to because it is so miserable with no AC right now. I left feeling really good and realized that I do have a community here who supports me. It is largely the community of women I have met through Women Inspire and my connections there. Some of them I knew before I joined the group - like Syndee. I love her. She's the ultimate hippie. Her party is for women to have a sister Share circle and celebrate life with singing bowls... eat vegan food and have a trade of homemade or repurposed items to show our love for one another. I can't wait.

I have on my uberlist to attend church twice this year, and one should be a Sunday. I think even though I have already fulfilled it, I will try some more. I can meet more people and expand my community. UU here is a hippie church, but also a group of very well educated, artsy and musical people and I love it. A member spoke today instead of the reverend and he spoke on his experiences with meditation and as he spoke he related his experiences as to how they could relate to religions, agnostics and atheists. He is a physicist and talked about science in relation to meditation and was even explaining it somehow with particle wave theories and brain science and it was intellectual, yet related to spirituality and thought at the same time. SO interesting. The music was viola duets by Dvorak, piano piece by Debussy and three simple and lovely hymns with lyrics about becoming spiritual through nature. http://wwwuubloomington.org


I went after church and bought another kind of flea spray to try. I am both laughing and crying inside that we are trying to eat more organic and less processed foods, but I swear if we walk barefoot on this carpet we will absorb a gazillion parts per million of insecticides though our skin! I have to get rid of the damn things, though. I am itching like crazy and becoming addicted to Benadryl cream and pills and have put so much hydrocrtisone cream on I will probably start having side effects soon.

Happy today for the above (not the flea/ insecticide part) and for FANS. It would be unbearable without them right now.

No comments: