CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Two more things!

Remember how I said yesterday was the hottest day of the year? Well it hatched a new bunch of fleas. I have sprayed several times, fogged, done carpet powder and washed all the bedding and dried it in a hot dryer several times. But today every time I look down there are fleas on my legs. I cannot take it much longer. It is driving me insane. I swear once this cat is gone I will NEVER have another mammal that is not human in the house. MAYBE after I move out west if I am in a place where the elevation means no fleas, nut NEVER, NEVER here again. It makes me feel like I am a disgusting person and unclean that my home is infested with these disgusting, disease bearing creatures. I am SO stressed that they will still be here when Roma comes. I hope they have fleas in Ukraine so he understands.

Today Ad Director Cory was over in my area. I called him over and he joked that he had to hide his ten dollar bill first because I always ask for money (it's true. I always ask for money or steak dinners) . I was working on a BIG notice. I said, "you're right. It is about money." I showed him the notice and said, "this is over twelve hundred dollars, if you take my advice and raise the line rate twenty five cents it would be sixteen hundred. That is a significant difference." He agreed that it would be. I asked if he remembered in my report where I recommended that we raise the rate for sheriff's sales and he said he had. So I asked why we hadn't done anything about it. He said, "Didn't we just raise the legals rate significantly last year?" "Nope I said, I think it has been the same since 2005." I explained again my reasons for wanting to make a special rate for Sheriff's sales. He actually seemed to listen, asked for a pad of paper and made notes to himself! So then I said, "Cory, I've been doing this job for a year now. It's time to give me a raise. If you take my advice and listen to the recommendations I make more carefully, the increase in revenue will more than pay for it!" So wasn't I Ms. Assertive today?! I am glad I had a big, expensive report in front of me to use for an example. Actually very few of them are that much money, but if every thousand dollars in revenue of Notice of Sheriff's Sales were one thousand two hundred fifty it would make a HUGE difference. After he left I found my rate sheet that had the revision date on it and it WAS 2005, so I emailed him and told him that was correct. All the other rates go up 3 - 5% each year, so there is no reason rates for public notices shouldn't also be raised!

The end. Now I am going to put on a clean shirt and go to Player's Pub to hear blues.

1 comment:

Deb said...

If there's one thing that could get me cussin' today it's fleas. But it's getting better (the fleas, I mean--not my cussing). Maybe I've watched enough Dog Whisperer episodes on The National Geographic channel that I'm beginning to skeer 'em away from my garden.

Deb...who looked like a geared-up ghost buster last night while watering

P.S. This is where you laugh at me!