CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Irrational fears.


I love to mow the yard. I am always afraid, however, that I will run over a hornet's nest in the ground, they will swarm me and sting me to death. I'm not kidding. I am really afraid of that EVERY TIME I mow.

I am not really afraid of spiders. We have big ones that come in our house, a hazard of living next to the woods. Last week Michael told me a story about someone being afraid and screaming about a HUGE spider! I think it was on the canoe trip. I asked him how big it was and he said about the size of a quarter and we both laughed. So my happy today is kind of funny.

Happy today for: there is this one kind of spider that many of them live in our grass. I like that when I mow I can see them running from the mower when they have their white egg sacs on their back? thorax? abdomen? Whatever. They are a different kind than the one in the picture. They don't get nearly as big, but I like how many there are and that they are easy to see when they have their eggs.

And the big ones like the one in the picture... Yeah, before they grow up and decide they want to live in the house they live under the Creeping Charlie in the garden. When I am weeding I often make their acquaintance. Even though I am not really afraid of them I AM afraid that someday one will run up the leg of my shorts when I am sitting on the ground weeding.

No comments: