CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's not Wednesday!

When I switched to my blog page and saw that yesterday's post said Monday I realized I have been thinking it is Wednesday all night. It's a good thing I was on the right day at work because we have one newspaper that is published on Wednesday and Saturday and I would have forgotten to do my part of production if I had been on the wrong day! It would have been caught because the deadline is before I leave, but I would have been embarrassed!

My friend Katie came over tonight and hung out. I was in bed resting so I invited her to come to bed with me. So there. Now I have been in bed with a woman... :) She had to give up her doggy tonight and was really sad. She had him for nine months and tried and tried but he just didn't have the right temperament for her. She is one of those people who always has animals, usually more than one, and keeps them responsibly for a really long time. This was very difficult for her, but neither of them were happy. So this week I have been trying to nurture Stephanie with her bitter divorce and now Katie with the dog giving up. It makes me grateful that even though I have some issues that are giving me stress they are issues that will be short-term and then resolved and not things I will have long term grief over.

We picked several cucumbers from the garden tonight and shared them with Katie. She shared some green beans her brother had given her from his garden so YAY. Fresh produce for free. The other night when Steph and the boys were here we had fresh green beans for dinner. She boiled them and then added a little butter and Parmesan cheese. They were really good that way. I need to make them that way because if I make them the Hoosier way with some kind of pork product added Michael can't eat them. I don't want to starve him for nutritious food like his dad does.

So happy today for: friends who are comfortable asking for my help and accepting it. Fresh veggies and a pretty damn good life.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Thoughts through you to Katie, with thanks and a willing that her four-legged friend finds the perfect fit in another caring home. Tough, these choices. Breathe and/or cry. Or both.

Deb