CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

So far:

Dishes are all caught up - still other maintenance tasks to do.
Spaghetti sauce is made and has been simmering for three or four hours. It is just about to the consistency I like.
Finished "The Virgin Blue." Good book. I recommend it.
Eating pretty healthy. It's about time for a snack. I'm trying to drink water today as I work.
Sheets are in the dryer. I think I ought to go ahead and put on the navy blue ones anyway because I am already bleeding again. They don't show stains.... This could be my last period EVER! Dr. Weiler said about 50% of women who have thermal ablation don't ever have periods again. Wouldn't that be the nicest thing ever?! Then you won't have to read me bitching about it all the time either!

I do want to clean the porch off, but I think weeding and mowing will probably wait until tomorrow. It is too damn hot.

I've been copying some more of my CDs to the computer today too. Then I can turn it on and put it on random and it is like the radio, but no commercials!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Depending on what method your doctor is using, he is overstating (by quite a lot) the number of women whose periods stop entirely. Maybe he is doing something else - there are probably other treatments that have different results.

see here.

I was really hoping to be one of he 25% with no periods, but I'm in the 49% light bleeding category. I still have hormonal changes, and I still have cramps. However, I cannot overstate how happy I am with the results. Instead of a 24 hour time-frame where I really can't leave the house, and I bleed through tampons and pads over and over again every hour, one regular pad will do for an entire day. It lasts three days, and then I'm done for a month.

Hope said...

Thanks for the helpful link! I am going to have general anesthesia, a D&C, the ablation and a tubal ligation all at the same time. It sounds like the procedure you linked to is the one she described to me. I have my pre-op appt. only two days before the surgery and then I will know for sure. I really trust this dr. She is the one who did my surgery when I had my gigantic fibroids removed before. Maybe she has had a different experience with her own patients then they quote on the site...

I just can't wait, even if I still have normal periods it HAS to be better than the bad way they are now. I have had to miss work because of them and stuff like that. Ugh.