CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

He's trying to kill me Part 4

Tonight we joined a "Community Bike Ride." The organizer nonchalantly announced, "We're going to ride down to second street then to the mall, circle the parking lot and then come back." Yeah, right. I made it down to second street, up and long, long hill and a couple of blocks past. I had to stop and rest several times on the hill, but I was determined that was my minimum goal. I made it! Then we turned around and rode back to Rachael's Cafe! Loni was in there talking to Rachael so Michael and I joined them for a bit and I had a drink and he had a muffin. When I first walked in I went down the stairs and my legs almost gave out on me, seriously. They were like rubber! After I rested a while we rode over to Sahara Mart so I could look for celery seed extract - none to be found. Then we rode back to the park and the car and came home. I didn't make the entire bike ride, maybe half the way, but it was a really good, good workout for me.

Michael was good and patient with me as always. He could have ridden to the mall and back about twenty times... He stuck with me all the way, encouraged me and gave me the practical advice that I should turn around when it was time. He wants me to get used to riding on the streets and not just the trail and the neighborhood because he wants me to forsake the evil, gas-guzzling, hydrocarbon-emitting car and ride my bike to work. I think that's a LONG way in the future.

Happy today for: all kinds of stuff as usual, but especially today that I went for a walk at work with Christie this afternoon. I haven't been walking at work as much since the forced move out of Peaceful Valley and it felt really good to do it again. Oh Lord, I exercised twice in the same day and I am happy about it. Sickening.

No comments: