CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Yesterday and Today:

Yesterday's List:
MOW THE GRASS - DONE
DUMP - DONE
KITCHEN AND COUNTER - MOSTLY DONE, but now another day has passed...
SWEEP KITCHEN FLOOR - THE REALLY GROSS PART IS DONE
TABLE CLEANED OFF - PARTIALLY
ORGANIZE FRONT PORCH SO IT LOOKS PRETTY - DECIDED MICHAEL HAS TO DO THIS
LAUNDRY - LAST LOAD IN DRYER, NEEDS PUT AWAY
SHOPPING - DID NOT DO, and did not give Emily a graduation gift at all.
LOG MY BOOKS IN GOODREADS AND BOOK LOG. NOT DONE, but I made a pile so they are all together
CLEAN FISHY TANK: NOT DONE, but the water is dechlorinated and ready to go.
PICK UP TEN THINGS IN PURPLE ROOM, DONE
FIND SOMETHING TO WEAR TO EMILY'S CONVOCATION - Wore a black skirt and short sleeved dark green sweater with black trim, black STOCKINGS (ugh) and black loafers. I didn't buy anything new. I may also wear this to Dad's party next week. I felt confident in it.

Today - went to Lafayette to Emily's honors convocation. She didn't earn any BIG awards, just what they call "semester honors." It was still very nice and I was glad to attend an event because she doesn't want to go through graduation. I took her and Mandy (her roommate), and Michael out to dinner at O'Charley's afterward. I let Emily pick and Michael hated it because he hates chain restaurants AND they have very little there he can eat and he was really hungry. He ended up with some of the fried cheese appetizer, rolls, a salad, and loaded potato soup minus the bacon and the waiter brought him a second bowl of soup at no charge out of pity for the skinny boy! I gave him what I think was a good tip, but Emily says I am a terrible tipper.

Then a stop back at Emily's apt. bathroom break and back on the road. Now I have a couple of things to accomplish. I need to drink water and take meds, fill out some calendars for Ed and write a little letter to Ed about our alternate visitation proposal for the upcoming months. I planned to try for bed by 10:00, but I think 11:00 is going to be more like it. I was so proud. I went to bed before 11:00 last night and I had a terrible night's sleep. Awakened once and took valium, awakened a couple of hours later and had a headache and took painkillers, still started out with a headache this morning and had to take more. I am worried about tomorrow. A headache CANNOT exist because I have to start the paperwork on all those "Reader's Choice" ads I sold, and follow up on a couple more customers who could not give me a final answer until tomorrow morning. I can't wait to get the paycheck with all this bonus on it. I NEED it!

So positive thoughts toward a good outcome with the visitation AND for feeling good tomorrow to be calm, methodical and organized at work so I can accomplish the necessary tasks.

Oh - Michael came in fifth out of thirteen in the alley cat race. The guy who won the trick competition... Ummm. he did a "track stand" - that's when you balance your bike while standing still - unzipped his fly, peed in a bottle and then DRANK his pee. Totally disgusting. Michael wants to practice his track stands a lot and learn some tricks, but thank God or Goddess he also thought that was absolutely gross. Some of these bicyclists are strange characters. These were more the "punkish" kind than the "hippie" kind and Michael commented that he didn't like some of their talk and behavior and I feel like he is having good judgment to realize that some of it is inappropriate. He will learn that the are mini-subcultures inside the bicycle sub-culture and he will have to be selective about with whom he spends his time. A race is a great thing and I am glad he participated and felt good about that part, but maybe he will realize the after-the-race gatherings are not for him.

No comments: