CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I love my floor.

Michael was telling me about the wonderful hub he found tonight and how he is going to build a new bike with it... (to me it's like,,, "ooh. It's shiny.") and as I listened to him I had this wave of love for my colorful floor and my house. Sometimes I want to move away here the minute he is out of HS and get me to the desert! Other times I wonder how I could ever leave my home I love so much and have worked on for so long. Probably nobody will buy a house with nine different non-neutral paint colors and a six color tiled floor anyway, so I may be stuck forever!

I was SO busy at work today that I was insane. I didn't clash with my coordinator, however. I think we both knew we needed a calm to cool off toward each other, so that was good. I had a couple of extremely annoying customers, but I managed to stay upbeat and pleasant, I believe. I also received a complementary email from a customer whom I had helped so that was cheerful. I ended up staying until about 5:25, supposed to be at a BKI meeting at 5:30, before class so rushed right over there. Didn't really make the meeting, but managed to pay my $5.00 portion toward our booth rent at the upcoming Luna Fest to celebrate women in business and the arts. Class was good. Speaker tonight was a librarian talking about the resources the library has to help small business owners find trade associations, research competitors, etc. I did the homework until about 2 this morning (yes, I am tired), and was pleased to be one of the few who seemed to understand the directions about how to do the homework on line, print it out and turn it in.

Tomorrow will be another busy day. Work will be crazy again. Immediately afterward Michael has cello lesson, then an orchestra rehearsal, then finally home. Dinner when? Homework when? Tonight Michael ate at Bloomingfoods before he went to Bike Project and I ate a fiber bar during break in class and a can of soup when I got home. Michael has a job interview at Target tomorrow to be the person who assembles the bicycles. Even though he considers all the bikes Target sells to be crap (I love mine), he would be making money doing something he enjoys, and I wonder if he could have flexible hours around his other activities and stuff. Also he will have to upfront tell her he is traveling this summer, and summer is bike season so we'll see. I kind of want him to have money of his own, but at the same time he is so busy all the time I don't know if it's realistic to think about it.

Positive thoughts toward bed soon and some rest for me, for good healing for those in need and gratitude for sister for having the motivation to quickly make and mail invitations to Dad's 80th birthday.

No comments: