CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ooohhhh!

When I signed in, it told me my last post was #666. Good thing I am blogging again! I already seem to have friends who think I have somehow become the anti-Christ.

Busy day, same old stuff, blah, blah, blah... Highlight: attended most of Michael's cello lesson with new teacher of improvisational style. Wonderful. Teacher is fantastic, and Michael is amazing. I had no idea he could do this stuff. Have I said the teacher's name on here? It's Ben McClelland. If you Google him you can go to his MySpace page and hear some of his music.

Heather has been really good about getting things ready for Dad's birthday celebration. I am doing other food. She is doing cake. I am going to have veggie trays, cheese, cracker & sausage plates and some grapes and then maybe some nuts and stuff. Nothing I have to actually COOK, or needs major refrigeration, other than a cooler for the drive. We asked Chris if he can be the paper goods guy. I think we won't have a decorating theme. I'll just take my major collection of table linens and we'll use all the colors and designs we want! I have some old pictures I want to try to scan in and make a poster or two showing Dad over the years. I don't have a printer so I will have to store them on a disc, then go to one of the photo makers and pay to print them out. Ugh. I should also look up stuff like what happened on his birthday and make a poster for that. I did that for Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary and people enjoyed reading that, I think. I had what the hit songs were, prices of different things, who was president, clothing styles and stuff. It was pretty neat, if I say so myself. I think Mom and Dad still have it around their house somewhere. I don't want to spend too much money on this, but somehow I get the idea it is going to add up quickly. Probably especially the picture printing. It would probably be cheaper to go buy a color printer and do it at home! I hope someone actually comes. We didn't give a lot of notice because I have been so tired and scattered lately. Sigh. Thank goodness for Heather for being on the ball this time. It wouldn't have been done at all if it had been left to me. It was just one more thing I could NOT manage.

SO positive thoughts for quick mail delivery of invitations and lots of good emails received with gracious hearts towards the modern, impersonal delivery!

I still need to take my meds, refill my pill case for the week and, feed my fishies and get to bed. I have been having WAY too many naps, and too many late nights. I think I will take drugs tonight so I can go to sleep quickly and try to get a little back into the swing of things. No dishes tonight. Tomorrow is Friday, who the heck cares?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm planning on going to Cracker Barrell where they sell the little books that say what happened the year you were born and see if they have dad's year.
Heather