CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Excitement!

The "new" (to me) patio door is in! Woo hoo! It is SO nice to see some sunshine. We had it styrofoamed, taped and sealed for the winter. Now we can see out forest again. The guy (James) is going to come back tomorrow and finish some of the trimwork and other stuff to make it complete. It has some spots where it is worn and was broken and then glued sloppily. I think I know how I am going to cover that up and it will sort of match some of my other stuff in the house. I will take a picture with it plain and then take a picture after I get my decorating/cover up done so you can all see. The fake wood is a little bit darker than the real wood trim around it. I don't like that so I am deciding whether to paint before I decorate it and go for simply outrageous or just decorate it and hope that it distracts from the difference in the woodtones. Life is good.

Michael made a quick dinner that we ate before cello and then I read and slept in the car while he was in his lesson. Then when we got home I slept again for about three hours. Now I just finished the dishes and put his laundry in the dryer for him. I kind of want to try to get to bed by midnight. I tried last night, but it turned more like 1 am. I also woke up with that headache and had to take meds and totally fake all cheer today because I was in pain. I feel better now. I feel like eating a little bit. 5:30 dinner was a long time ago. I don't know what to eat. Maybe a little ice cream, but it's so cold in here I think it will make me colder.

I still need to feed my fishies, eat something, take medicine, oh wait, I still need to wash a couple of dishes, I remembered I didn't do the pot yet. Also there are some old curtain hardware still on the doors. I might see if I can get those off. Or maybe I should take the picture first. Hmmm... I think I will bring the work camera home over the weekend. Katie hasn't been staying here for a couple of weeks so I don't have a camera in residence right now.

Katie is deciding to move back to her house so she can have a dog. She doesn't like being alone, but the doggy will help and I think it helps her feel good to be taking care of something. Even with her work as a nanny, I think she feels like she gets taken care of by people and doesn't like it at the same time she appreciates it... I don't know if that makes any sense, but do people ever make any sense?

Well babes, I want to go set my timer for ten minutes and see what else I can accomplish. Well, I might distracted by a game first. I have found an ultimate time-waster game. I'm kind of embarrassed to say it, because I normally frown on video and computer gaming, but the redeeming quality is that it's a word game so it will stimulate my mind, right?

Positive thoughts toward WARM WEATHER and enjoying the view of my forest once again. Come back blue jays. Come back hummingbirds!

No comments: