CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

My inner bitch escaped a little bit.

I caught the neighbor's dog in the act of shitting in my yard. I would have thrown rocks at it, but the piles of rocks on my porch happen to be all (probably valuable) fossils, carefully collected by Michael. I debated taking over a bag and nicely saying, "I'll be glad to help you find it if you have trouble spotting it." or taking the actual poop. I went for the actual poop. It's really gross to pick up, even with the inside-out bag method and I am reminded why I don't want an animal. I decided to knock on the door and politely say, "This belongs to you. MacGuire left it in my yard." Damn it all, they weren't home. They have four cars between them and only one was gone, so I was sure somebody would be there! I left it hanging on the doorknob. That will be a nice surprise when they come home from Easter dinner! They have a fenced back yard and there is NO REASON to let the dog out front to come poop in my yard. They keep their front yard beautifully. I keep mine so-so. Still it would help me keep it nicer if their dog wouldn't come over and pollute it!

It's not even a cute or nice dog. It growled and barked as I screamed at it to get out of my yard. If it were the cute little Lucy next door, I might have been more forgiving.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Good for you, Hopie! Whether a large, small, cute or ugly dog, it's not the dog but the owner.

Irresponsible pet owners--uncaring to their four-legged charges or to neighbors--are at the top of my sh*t list. Bad pun, on topic.

And that's my outer bitch saying there's absolutely no excuse for it. Were I to have been similarly cavalier with my dog I'd have expected nothing less than a good lesson.

There are reasons for fences, and for leashes.

This former dog owner sends a salute. Brava!

Hope said...

I was afraid you would think I am terrible. I respect your opinion and hated to let you know so much about my inner bitch! I think if I can get the time I will follow up with a neighborly visit and tell them it was I who left the poop and please ask them to accompany MaGuire if they let him out front to make sure he does not come in my yard. I don't want them to think it was just some malicious teenage prank, but to know that I did it and am upset about the situation.

Lisa said...

Any chance the dog accidentally escaped?