CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Groceries!

I haven't been to a BIG shop in quite a while and we were out of almost everything fresh and lots of other stuff too. I went to Aldi and spent $121, which is a lot of food! It should last a while and keep me from wanting to eat out so often.

Michael is backpacking down at Red River Gorge overnight. They are supposed to come home around 2:00 tomorrow. Katie called and said she didn't have anything to do for Easter. I bought a little boneless ham and we'll have an Easter dinner at suppertime, instead of lunch like I would usually do it. I am going to make plenty of side dishes and probably go ahead and devil the eggs so Michael will have a protein. I actually thought of looking for some tofu and attempting some kind of baked tofu thing, but I never did make it to Kroger and they don't have tofu at Aldi.

This morning a bunch of the orchestra kids played at the Farmer's Market. Michael chose to go backpacking instead so I went as our family rep. I passed out information on the orchestra and the trip and helped set up the table where people could put donations. I stood and talked to several people and one man wrote a check and handed it to me. It was for $100!! Wow. That alone was enough to make it worth the effort for the time and work. There was probably at least another hundred dollars in the bucket.

I didn't count the money today. Usually I do, but I hadn't eaten and was beginning to feel it very badly. So after that AND going back to school and helping unload the stands and chairs I drove through Burger King and got a coke and drank some of it on the way home. When I got home I tested my glucose and it was only 95, even after the coke. So I ate food, but then I was SO TIRED. I slept for maybe three hours off and on. Since then I did the store run and have just been playing on the computer and gradually putting away the groceries and working on the house. I don't even feel energetic enough to do 10 minutes at a time. I am going out and putting away 10 THINGS at a time, which takes maybe three minutes. I decided it's better than doing nothing!

I have a headache which is probably my own damn fault for not eating when I should. I am going to just do a few more rounds of playing around and ten things until at least the dishes are done and all the groceries are put away. The rest can wait until tomorrow. I should look and see what the sermon will be about at church tomorrow and see if I want to go, but maybe I'll just wait and see how I feel in the morning before I even look. Then if I feel bad, I won't be sad if it is something I would have enjoyed. I don't know what they would preach about at UU on Easter, seeing as how it is not really a Christian church although many who attend ARE Christian.

I enjoyed time at Farmer's Market this morning. I saw some people I know and that is always nice. I was glad to help the orchestra make some money and even though I was cold, it was sunny and pleasant to be outside. I also got in plenty of movement walking the market before the rest of the orchestra arrived and then carrying chairs and stands and canvassing the crowd.

I thought I would get the lawn mowed and maybe see a movie today. With all the sleeping that just didn't happen. Oh well, when it is time, it will be done!

Positive thoughts towards Michael returning home safely and a pleasant day preparing and enjoying a simple holiday with the little part of the family that will be here. It was unplanned - I thought Michael wouldn't return until evening - but now I am looking forward to it.

No comments: