CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 6, 2009

I almost forgot to blog tonight!

I have been playing "Scramble" on FB and listening to Michael practice his cello and working on house and laundry and just went, "Gasp!" So now I am going to do my next fifteen minutes of work because I need to switch laundry and then I will come back and tell all about my exciting day! I bet you can hardly wait.

I'm back!

I finished tonight's dishes and switched the laundry. All I have left to do tonight is finish the laundry (I hope), finish cleaning the oven, take my medicine and do dome intentional movement. I think I'll watch some Food TV at 10:00 or 10:30 and walk during the show.

Today was another busy and good day at work. I had a couple of big ads and one of my recent ideas for the need for a new classification was re-enforced by a customer calling and asking for it and saying he would definitely advertise if we had it! I have put in my uberlist (which I plan to blog about soon) for the last three years to present three creative or revenue producing ideas at work and I swear I think I have already presented three this year: the new classification, a special offer for extending auto ads, and that we need to put on the websites that customers need to enter the CVV code from their credit cards, because the credit processing company charges less for each transaction if we have that number. I probably have actually presented more than those three if I think about it. Since we have changed the call center main location, the pay scale and commission structure I have really tried to think of ways that we can totally improve our efficiency and teamwork. We're still not making our revenue goals, but March was much better than February and I think we will get back to where we need to be.

I stayed and worked late trying to figure out a way to transfer some files in a better way to our auction site. Right now the way they transfer when a customer looks at the picture of the display ad it is really too small to read the listings of the items and that is what they really want to see. I've gotten it a little better, but it's still blurry... What I did was printed out the PDF that comes from the art dept. Scanned it in, cropped it and made a new PDF in a bigger size. For some reason the type is all blurry. I've tried adjusting the definition, pixels psi and sharpness and nothing has made it better yet. I might have to have Steve look at it tomorrow and see if there is a way to transfer the PDF to the program where I can crop, crop it, and save as a PDF again. Right now it makes me resave it as a JPeg, which the site can't load. I need a computer genius, but I might have to settle for Steve. I'd better wear a boobalicious shirt tomorrow in case he has to come peer over my shoulder to see what I am trying! :)

Here is the address of the one I am working with, if you care.
http://www.hoosiertimesauctionblock.com/index.php?do=vp&id=209
It could be all fixed by tomorrow if I am smart and good. While I was finding this to get the address I looked at the ads on the regular site and they are clear as can be. I need to find out how they get loaded on there and see if we can make sure I get access to that file of PDF files and use them, rather than making my own. Sometimes communication is not the best and I have to really push to get it to happen! I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Positive thoughts today are for good things and happiness. Is that too vague? I just feel really positive right now about solving some distressing situations for myself, Michael and a couple of friends too. I hope we can all find ways to work things out and feel good.

No comments: