CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Long day...

Work with no lunch break, but I did take a small walk.

Came home quickly, ate a can of soup, then off to class. This portion of the class is developing a business plan. It seems like it will be a lot harder and take more work. Michael had to go to the Solar Bike team parent meeting because of my class. He was kind of bummed because he really wanted to go to Bike Project, but if he also wants to race, he needs to help out with part of the obligations! Volunteer work is good, but being committed to the team is important.

Guy is coming to install patio door tomorrow! So I am spending some time washing dishes and putting things away. I don't want him to see what a pig I really am. My goal is to get to bed by midnight. Usually the goal is 11:00, but with class and wanting the house to look a little nicer I am taking some extra time. I am getting a headache and I am sure it is from thinking about all this and feeling the stress. I also have laundry in, feel like there's not a clean bathroom in case he needs to pee, all the stuff I worry about that probably shouldn't matter as much as I make it matter. Does that make any sense?

Work is hard, still very busy, but I sold a nice $800 Auction ad today and things are going well. We're still not near making as much money as our goals and projected revenue and all that, but I feel good about what I am doing. It's tiring. I don't get to listen to music while I work anymore and I don't get to play around as much, but I am glad to have this job. I am double glad because I get to have this job and also work toward some long-term goals that will get me out of an office and working for myself in the future. This is a time in my life to prepare to take some risks and do the best I can. I tried the Life sciences classes and nothing has come to fruition with them (I'm still keeping my eyes open, however), and now I am learning if owning and operating a small business is right for me and if I have the guts to do it!

So positive thoughts toward patio door installation, having guts and courage and using my smarts in a satisfying way.

Editing to add: I got my food handling test score today 97%!!!!! I am now a certified food service manager, or something like that. I will have to see what it actually says when I receive my certificate.

No comments: