CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter...

We had a simple Easter dinner which I gradually prepared throughout the day, working only when I felt like it. We had ham, deviled eggs, tomato salad, cooked carrots and cheesy potatoes. I meant to make rolls, but that never happened. I also planned to make a pecan pie, but it was one of my rare, but spectacular cooking disasters. I had forgotten the recipe called for corn syrup, thinking it was a brown sugar base. I decided to make brown sugar syrup to use. I make it for pancakes, no problem... I boiled it too long, however and ummm.... well. We had cherry pie with canned pie filling instead. It was just Katie and Michael and me.

I called later in the evening and talked to Mom for a while. She sounded pretty good and was happy that Heather and Emily had gone over there for Easter dinner. They had turkey, which I don't enjoy as much so it was probably good we were split up!

I didn't make Easter baskets this year and Michael was disappointed. I did have a couple of things of chocolate around. I don't know why he cares. He still has candy left from Halloween and Christmas. He hardly ever eats any candy except his really dark chocolate. Even when I did make Easter baskets I always put in tooth brushes and dental floss and nail clippers and stuff like that anyway so it's not like they were some great prize. I guess I usually bought a new Pez dispenser every year, but he gave his entire collection to Opportunity House last year so I thought he was over that. He did kind of whine for one on Valentine's day so I went and got one on Clearance the day after. Maybe I just need to keep with the Pez and forget everything else. Tomorrow I should go to Target on lunch and see what they have. I need to pick up meds anyway. Oh - I have a dr. appt on that side of town at 8:45. I can go after the dr.

Today at work was busy and hard, as usual. Tomorrow I have work, then at 7:15 an orchestra Booster Mtg, then at 8:00 a parent mtg for Science Olympiad, in case the nationals thing works out. Then I will be exhausted. Then Wednesday, back to work, then at 5:30 a Kitchen Incubator meeting, then from 6 - 8:30 class... Then Thursday is cello lesson right after work.... then Friday, somehow deal with the issue that Michael is supposed to go to his dad's, I haven't done anything to prevent it, there's an "Alleycat" bike race Saturday Michael is completely planning to ride in... and Sunday is an honors convocation and reception at Purdue. I told Emily if she wasn't going to "walk" in graduation I want to go to this convocation and she never has told me if she found someone to work her work hours for her. So tomorrow I have to get proactive and write Ed a letter, talk to Emily, probably hire a new attorney, AND somewhere in there I do homework, write my novel, exercise, cook, clean house and what - do yard work and garden to save the earth, right?

Yeah. I'm overwhelmed, which is what makes it easier to sit and play dumb-ass games on Facebook and repress it all.

Positive thoughts for survival, simple enough?

1 comment:

Amber said...

Random link to the very best rolls I've ever made. YUM.

http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com/2007/12/french-bread-rolls.html