CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

All. That. Jazz. /Poop.

Michael had Ben's microphone and Ben had a gig tonight and needed it. He was supposed to go get it from my car while I was in class. I went out and checked and the box was still there, so I was freaking out even though he had my cell # and was supposed to all me if he couldn't find the car. So finally I called home and had Michael check my email and the last one Ben sent me said where his gig was. I called HIM one more time and left a message saying I was on my way over, but I sure hoped he wasn't answering because he was playing and everything was okay. So I got to the place and went down to the bar/ performance space. Oh my. His playing was some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard. I have always said I hate improvisational jazz, but it was SO pretty, and BEN is SO pretty and I was tempted to order a drink and stay and listen some more, even after I found out that he had taken the mic out of the box and just left the box in the car because he plans to give the mic back to Michael tomorrow! Tomorrow night, however, I do plan to go out to listen to MORE jazz, only vocal to hear Sarah, whom I have met in my business classes sing in her trio - Sarah's Swing Set. I will be jazzed out/ totally musicked out by Friday night, cello rehearsals, extra for contest, hearing Ben a little tonight, cello lesson and another rehearsal tomorrow, then Sarah, then Friday I am going to hear Michael play at contest because the spring concert is the night that we have left for Georgia in the morning.

I am taking two days off work and going to Georgia with the team! They will pay for my gas and hotel and some of the food and I get a little extra time with Michael. Our time will be so limited this summer because of his travels and stuff that we really need it. I know he will be with his friends and will also be working at his events, but he sounded really glad when I told him I could go. That makes me happy. I get to see MY SON participate in a super cool NATIONAL science competition.

And here is the first poem I have written in years. I think the year I wrote our holiday letter in rhyming stanzas was the last "poem" at all. I used to be quite the active poet, but now I realize how badly I suck and am sticking to prose. Too bad I'm not like Barbara Kingsolver and can do it all, AND in two languages. Sigh.. Covet.

Poo-poo Poem

I realize I’m losing weight
Every time I defecate.
Fiber, fiber, bring it on
Chew, chew, chew, weight be gone.
Feed me carrots, grapes, tomatoes
Celery and sweet potatoes.
Low in sugar, low in fat –
Large intestines, they like that!
Metamucil, Fiber Choice
Lots of water, keep it moist!
If the mechanism starts to fail
A little grease will get it well.
McDonald’s fries will do the trick,
A lot of lube to keep it slick!
Every time you grunt and push
A little fat comes off the tush!

So positive thoughts for good poops all around, although in your own yard, please, good jazz and a happy, happy week. SLLEEEPPP sooon.

1 comment: