CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Well...

Heather's party turned out well. It seems like a ton of people came. I had made HUGE vegetarian lasagna and a chicken enchilada casserole and they were devoured. Other people brought pretty good stuff, too. Let me tell you something, though... once you see your daughter and her boyfriend karaoke "My Humps" um, your life is changed. It was a good time.

I am so happy we got Heather the gifts we did. She has wanted these dishes called "Jade Moon" from Target for over a year. I got her a set and Mom and Dad got her a set so now she has eight place settings of what her friends were calling "real, grown-up dishes." A fitting thirtieth birthday gift. I love the gift wrap I made.... I bought a set of stamps that included a crescent moon and jade green paint and used those. I BOUGHT, (yes I bought bows!) iridescent jade green bows that were really pretty and I loved the way it looked. I told Heather the gift wrap was a clue, but I don't think she figured it out, because she seemed REALLY surprised when she opened it. Someone took a picture as I requested so if whoever took the pictures emails them to Heather I will try to get one and post it.

We stayed until 11:30 and Michael did not complain. He usually goes to bed at 9:00 and HATES staying up late. I got so tired, though, I had to stop in Martinsville and park and sleep and I slept for THREE HOURS. So we didn't get home until 4:00 in the morning. Even though when I volunteered at the Peace Festival it was relaxing, I had such a busy and full day with the food prep and shopping and driving Phew!

So today I have just hung in the house and caught up the cleaning from the mess I left yesterday. I did clean as I went, but with so much to do I had to leave the last batch undone. I also did laundry today, finished a book, started a new one... I could use early bedtime, but I DO want to watch "Desperate Housewives."

Mom and Dad have come to visit after they left Heather's. I'm not sure what the plan is (am I ever?), but I did suggest to Mom that they go look at those affordable apartments tomorrow. I really don't want them to stay more than a couple of days. It wears me out physically and mentally. It's like I want to be kind and I don't want to hurt their feelings, but I have a really hard time with extra people and stuff in the house. I am planning a party in October and I even thought of not inviting them. And it's not because I want to be mean, or I don't like them, and my friends always love them and enjoy talking to them when they come to my parties... It's just that having people stay overnight is so stressful for me. Having the party, I can be relaxed about (I used to stress out about that, even, but I don't any more), but the thought of having the party and then having someone stay all night freaks me out. WHY am I so freaking psycho?!

It was nice to have someone to share my red meat binge... I really wanted to make roast tonight and I couldn't think of whom to invite to share with me.... Scott and Gill were out because he doesn't eat red meat, Steph moved away, other people were out for other reasons... so when Heather called and said Mom and Dad wanted to come I at least had someone to cook roast for! (for whom to cook roast?)

My friend Will is sick and I told him maybe I'd make him chicken noodle soup, but then realized I don't have any noodles. I told him I like him enough to make him soup, but not enough to have to go buy noodles!

So anyway, life is good. "Desperate Housewives" is on and it's time to go.

Happy today for: my new baby carnations I bought when I went to get the roast. Bright pink and super cute. I put them in the old, blue-tinted Mason jar and they look spectacular. I really love having flowers in the house.

4 comments:

Deb said...

High-five, Hope, for stopping on the road when sleep was needed. Brava.

Not a high but a low to Marc Cherry and writers for the introduction of this season's Desperate Housewives. Eva Longoria Parker dumbed down--help. Hellzbellz, I watch in part to see what shenanigans her character is mixing into the neighborhood...and her wardrobe (shoes included).

I'll watch next week to see if it's just a dream and it turns back to campy, light-hearted fun. Otherwise, there's another hour I'd prefer having fun loading the dishwasher.

Anonymous said...

I liked Desperate Housewives. In five years, people change a LOT. Especially after having kids. Most normal women don't where high fasion after kids... do they? Just checking. To bad most of the world is saying she is "fat" or "pregnant" for going up one dress size. Weirdos.
I think it's better than last season already.
Thanks again for the Dishes!

Hope said...

I think it is kind of interesting how they skipped all those years and now we need to find out how it got here... I really wonder who the new evil guy is and how crazy he is. It kind of scares me, though, having had too many real-life experiences with psychos who fake it well and then... I won't be able to watch if it makes me have nightmares and flashbacks, I just had a round of that with the Roma experience!

Deb said...

Hey, Anonymous,

I'm not in on what viewers or the media are saying about Eva Longoria Parker, her weight. I'm far more concerned about the writing mocking her character's daughter.

My comment above was for missing the character's fashion spunk. No more, no less. I apologize.

Deb