CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Getting back to normal.

I feel like things will be getting back to normal when we reclaim the Roma's room, formerly known as the purple room, formerly known as Emily's room. I did get the sheets off the bed and wash them last night. It felt very symbolic and relieving. It was the only "productive" thing I did after I finished my hour of crying to Jim on the phone! I bet he was tired of listening to me, but he said it was okay.

Going to dry the sheets tonight and realize after it is done I need to make sure all the stuff that accumulates in the washer/dryer space needs to be removed for the delivery of the new appliances tomorrow. I will have to do it by myself because Michael will already be in bed. There are some drawbacks to not having a normal, late night teenager.

I am very tired. I still feel just completely worn out from the mental and emotional exhaustion of this ordeal, plus I don't know if I have really allowed myself to recover fully from the surgery. Also I have certainly not been sleeping enough or well through all this. Tomorrow is Friday, my already difficult day at work. Also at some point during the day I will have to leave to come home and meet the appliance guys, then I have to drive Michael to his dad's after work. THEN I am going to come home and sleep, sleep, sleep.... oh and I also hope to walk or bike a few miles this weekend. Just a few, and slowly, I promise!

Happy today for a boy who made his own dinner, even though I think it smells funny. I need to eat some protein to make it through the night but I don't think I'll be sharing in Michael's homemade refried beans.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Yowzers! Glad for you that it's over.

Deb