CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bonus post

I am going to post my copy of Happy Fors for January.

A lot of them are focused on food medicine and physical things. Remember how sick I was?

Happy Fors: January 2008:

1. Small happiness for today... having a friend with whom it is so comfortable to spend New Year's Eve that I was fine wearing my slippers to her house. (I took shoes with in case it snowed while I was there. I'm not a total idiot.)

Today's small happinesses.
My new health care provider.
That Renee was thoughtful enough to call and make sure I knew tonight was the Kwanzaa dinner.
That for part of the Kwanzaa dinner when we were supposed to name an ancestor whom we honor, Michael said, "My Uncle Bobby, just because he was awesome."

Today's happiness: Giving Christie the hat, and what a good friend she is for another undisclosed reasons. I am so lucky/blessed/fortunate pick your favorite term for the wonderful, loving people in my life.

Little happy thing: I liked hearing "Walk This Way" on the radio. I think it was kind of creepy hearing him sing about high school girls when he was in his twenties - it's even creepier now when you think that Steven Tyler is somebody's grandfather! But it's still a good song!

Another random weird thing that makes me happy. When we go on 465 it goes right under a landing path for the airport. I get a HUGE thrill when we go right under a big jet when it is landing. It didn't quite happen today, one was coming, but we were too far away and it beat us, but it made me remember how it is one of those strange things I love.

So here are my small happinesses: My comforter for when I was all cold and miserable this afternoon.


Convenience foods so I was able to cook a simple dinner and eat with Michael, despite being still pretty miserable.
that I was able to do some stuff today
and my great sandwich for dinner: Roast beef, cream cheese, onion, tomato on whole wheat. YUM.
My book find at Opportunity House.

Happiness today was total relaxation in a warm tub with a grisly Stephen King novel.


Today's happiness is definitely modern medicine, and Renee willing to go pick it up for me. I swear I would not have made it to the pharmacy in Target. I am so sick it hurts to roll over in bed! The only reason I play on the computer is because I breathe better when I sit up! I wish we had comfortable furniture, like a recliner I could sleep in and be more upright.

Happiness - Michael did some dishes, even though not very many, every little bit helps.

Happiness is: DVDs and Lost and Deli chicken I was able to eat most of a breast.

Today's happiness. Microwave, for WARM tomato juice. Mmmmmm.......

Happiness. Some clean dishes and Michael cooked some food for dinner that I ate and has stayed in the right place, so far!

Editing to add: happiness for today was pretty much all of the above, but if I have to pick ONE thing, I'd say that the meat was still good so I didn't waste money and was able to make a dinner so easily.

Happy for: the new bridge on Rogers street so I can drive straight into town without going out onto Walnut and traffic and stuff when I just feel calm and tired and like taking my time.

Happy for Deanna taking me to a nice dinner and visiting me overnight while she is in town!

Keeping cello lessons in the tight, tight budget.
Hearing my son in the orchestra playing the William Tell Overture.

Happy for: my job has enough flexibility that I went in late today when I didn't feel well.
Got my W2s and other tax forms and taxes are completed and I will be getting a refund and able to pay off some small bills and get Michael some badly needed clothes.

Happy today for:
Susan brought me lovely French onion soup and a baguette for lunch.
Able to make Renee some rainbow bath salts for her birthday and she LOVES rainbow-themed stuff.

So Happy today was in a class turned out well, and a group of friends with a relaxing party, including roasted brussel sprouts that were good, that I hadn't tried since a child.


Happy today for: feeling more normal AND a nice little pot of chili for lunch.

Happy today for: a trip to Dollar General to replenish some supplies, a Buy one get one free coupon that enabled me to share lunch with a co-worker who often brings me lunch on Fridays when my ability to take a lunch is sometimes dubious, that Michael scraped the car windows for me this morning because I hadn't parked in the garage

Happy for: Yellow baby carnations, sweet potato fries, the big taste of chocolate in a little Hershey's kiss.

Happy for: Baked deli chicken.

Many, many happies today, but a nice little one is how well a cough drop really can work!

Happy today for: Dental floss after eating an orange.

Happy for: My son playing Bach in his room.
Project Management class is complete.
The bonus of having to go to Kroger was the excuse to buy expensive laundry detergent which I love, instead of the Aldi brand, which I secretly despise.

Happy for: A clean blanket out of the closet when I was cold and it smelled like my favorite fabric softener - so cozy!


Happy today for: Helpful bankers with my card situation.
Nice appliance installers with my dream come true refrigerator, that will also increase my house value according to everything I see on TV.

Happy for: I didn't run out of gas - when I got to the gas station my 12 gallon tank took 11.98 gallons to fill up!

Happy today for: Hummus and grape tomatoes. Oh and my womanly crow bar - I had to pry open the frozen garage door this morning to go to work today!

Today happy for: I got a $10 Target card with a new prescription and used it to buy a new CD that I have wanted a long time, the newest Jewel CD. I am saving it for tomorrow and will listen to it on my headphones at work and it will be especially pleasant if it really does snow a lot and it will be little interrupted. This is a long overdue weight loss reward and also uberlist goal - I rarely purchase CDs, which is funny, because I do waste money on plenty of other items which are inconsequential.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Okay- so I've been catching up now that life has slowed down a bit. I'm SO glad that Roma is gone! I can't believe that he passed evaluations or whatever to come here when he clearly has some large issues. I'm glad you recognized them and got him out of your house. Insane! I'm going to try to be a better niece reader/commenter. :)