CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

A little sad today.

It helps that I cleaned my room fairly well yesterday. I have at one place that is "normal" again and I can feel safe haven. I still need to work on the rest of the house. I need Michael's help in moving furniture and I am not sure when we will get it done.

Church helped today. She talked about the concept of Paradise and how it doesn't have to be a place we think of as only in the afterlife, but how we can make it here on earth ---- or soemthing like that. I didn't eat before I went and my brain was a little addled.

You know how yesterday's Happy for was Cat Stevens? The opening hymn today was "Morning Has Broken." I think I will listen to a little Cat Stevens how as I prepare some real food and mess around the house.

After I eat I want to go up to Griffy or at least somewhere and walk. Then I am the happy receiver of a mirror from Freecycle and I need to go pick it up. I plan to make some kind of really cool frame or border around it, because you know how much I need another project... I know I have too many projects for the amount of time I have, but most of the time the thoughts of future projects or of completing a current project gives me feelings of hope and joy and good expectations. Every once in a while I feel overwhelmed with my ideas and that I will never finish them, but usually those are just feleting thoughts.

Tomorrow is a "Buffalo Sisters Sharing Circle." I have wanted to attend these for a few months, but have felt like I had nothing to offer. I was encouraged after Syndee's party a couple of weeks ago. I decided that what I am going to share is one month of "Happy fors." I went through January and picked them all out and will print them at work tomorrow. I wrote to Christine, who conducts these and told her I was worried that I had nothing to offer, except maybe food, but still want to come - she write me back this really nice email:
Hi, Hope!
I am so excited that you might come on Monday. I am SURE you have something to offer. Did you take one of Scarlett's Reiki classes? If so, that certainly works! Or how about any personal growth tools that you've found to be helpful and that you could offer to the 2 women that you'd have 20 minutes each with, one on one? Or you could lead people into a meditation. There are lots of options! Food sounds scrumptious. However, I am wondering what that would look like for your two 20-minute giving sessions. Is there a special recipe that you could perhaps teach people how to make in that 20 minutes? Thanks for being thoughtful about the vegan question. I eat 99% vegan, and Mayan is 100% vegan, so we try to keep our house as vegan as possible. *If* food is your giving offering, I would enthusiastically welcome you to try to make it vegan...if that wouldn't be too much to ask. However, if you choose to offer something non-food for your giving session, then don't worry about bringing food. We usually just stick to good ol' fashioned tea, as the evening flys by and doesn't leave too much snackin' time.
Please call me anytime at all in the next 2 days, and we can chat more about the possibilities for what you could offer: 345-****. Here are some things people have brought in the past, to give you an idea...
* Make Your Own Vision Board
* Jewelry Making
* Learn to Sprout
* Nutrtional Consultation
* Intuitive Reading
* Reflexology
* Energy Work
* Communication Tools
* Massage
* Labyrinth Walking
* Using a Pendulum
* Divination Card Reading
* How to Play a Singing Bowl
* and much more!
The possibilities really are endless. Do you play an instrument? You could give a mini lesson. Do you do yoga? You could teach a mini one-on-one class. Do you create art? How about making mandalas?
This might be a fun chance to to come up with something you've never given before. PLEASE don't hesitate to come because you feel like you don't have anything to offer. I can guarantee you do :), and I would be so thrilled to explore that more with you. The womyn who have been coming have been a wonderful mix of those with expereince in what they are offering and those who this idea is very new to. That's what makes it Buffalo Sisters!
Okay, that's all for now. Have a fantastic day. Please keep your questions and honest sharings rolling in-- I really appreciate, honor, and admire you for expressing your hesitation/nervousness :)
Hugs and Blessings,
*chrisitne

I tried to attach a copy of the flyer, but can't get it to upload from Adobe.

I may end up joining Michael in full-blown hippie-ness before long - no wait. I hate tofu and won't give up my steak. I am really enjoying this community of women (womyn?) however.

So happy today for: attending church, and being so welcomed into some new circles and communities.

Oh - and I DID manage to write 1000 words toward "Half-wit" last night. It was not deep stuff, but I felt good about it.






No comments: