CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Different Saturday.

because it began with a drive to take Michael to his dad's. Then I went over to Heather's and we went out to lunch together. I did my thrift shopping in Indy this week instead of here. We went to "Value World" and a Goodwill. At the first store I found a Land's End messenger bag that I think Michael might like. It is in BRAND NEW condition. It has a corporate logo, but not so huge that a cool patch couldn't cover it. He desperately needs a new bag and has been debating between new backpack and messenger bag. I decided this was worth the $2.00 risk and if he doesn't like it I might find a Hello Kitty patch and make it mine! I also bought a couple of books of course.

We returned to Heather's and she gave me some stuff to bring back and give to Opportunity House. She can't manage to do it herself! She gets emotionally attached to clothes. (With me it is shoes!)

I came home and went to the dump and have been working on the house little bits at a time since then, listening to music, reading "Slaughterhouse Five" and communicating a little bit on the computer with Will. I kind of hoped to find someone to go out with tonight, but now I am feeling pretty tired. I guess I also did clean the front yard, changed my bed, do two loads of laundry...

I also realize I haven't written my 1000 words this week toward "Half-Wit." I think I had better get started on that. Maybe if I am efficient I can write AND take a shower AND go out somewhere AND clean the whole house. What do you think?

Happy today for Cat Stevens.

1 comment:

Deb said...

What do I think?! I think it's almost 4:30 a.m., getting coffee and breakfast ready.

I also think you've lived more than a few thousand words the last several weeks. Consider it as writing your life without yet having put it to print.

Deb