CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 29, 2008

6 Quirks about me.

Katie did this in her blog and she didn't tag me, but it seems like something I should do. I think it will be interesting to try to think of six all at once. Some days I catch myself thinking that something about myself is so strange that I ought to blog about it and then when I get home and start thinking about other things I forget. So now I will try to think of six quirks about myself all at the same time.
1)I am known by many as a "germaphobe" yet I catch myself all the time doing things that are really gross. Like I might drop a piece of food on my shirt at dinner and then pick it off and still eat it. In my heart I think that it is absolutely disgusting and even quite rude, but I catch myself doing it sometimes more than once in a meal. I promise I don't do it in public, however.
2) I don't really know how to type. I don't know how to touch type and curse the guidance counselor who let me make it through high school without taking typing. The only reason I passed the typing test to get my job is because I read so fast and remember well. I can read a sentence or two and totally remember them and then look at the keyboard to type them. Now that my job is changing it will be easier because a lot of that typing is through telephone dictation and not copying. Also I am hoping that I will get to keep the magic scanner that turns documents into text that then only need proofread.
3) I RARELY dust. People think I am an obsessive about housekeeping, but there are cobwebs and gobs of dust everywhere. The ceiling fan has dust on it that is honestly maybe an inch thick on the edges of the blades ... I don't ever want to turn it off because someone might notice it. My textured ceiling has cobwebs and dust balls hanging off the points of the textured stuff. I think it's terrible, but I just don't have the time to worry about it. I feel like it's all I can do to make sure we have clean dishes and laundry. I am not willing to give up reading or knitting or writing to have more time to dust. So there.
4) Lately I am quite enamored of Aerosmith. Usually I have listened to lyrical, melodic music that borders on folk; Jewel, Tracy Chapman, Norah Jones, Carole King,and some local singers are really ARE folk, but for about the past six months, maybe a year... I want Aerosmith ALL the time. There is something so sexy about it and it just makes me feel all happy and excited - and take the word "excited" with whatever meaning you choose and it will probably be correct.
5) I have caller ID and I won't pick up the phone if don't know who it is or if I don't want to talk to that person. Sometimes on the weekends when I really don't want to talk to people I won't answer it no matter who it is. I figure if somebody dies or is in the hospital whoever is calling to tell me will leave a message.
6) I often sleep under the covers, but with my feet sticking out the side. I have a queen size bed all to myself and I actually sleep diagonally across the entire thing (well as much as a 5'3" person can...) but that makes it easier to stick my feet out of the side of the blanket so that I can leave the end tucked in and it is easier to make the bed (if I do, I'm NOT a habitual bed maker!) in the morning.

Okay so I thought of six things, but I don't think that any of them are the things that I catch myself doing during the course of a day and think to myself how strange they are! I will have to really try harder to notice them and write about them sometimes. I think things like that can really provide insight into a person, and isn't what this is all about?

Happy today for... Hmmm. well to tell you the truth, I might have to stretch today. I spent quite a lot of today ANGRY about my job changing and about some home situation and some other things. I WAS really happy that Gill and I took one of our fifteen minute walking "smoke breaks" at work. Now that I am going back to Classifieds, perhaps it can happen daily again.

No comments: