CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Chastised like a two year old.

I had a pretty severe headache today but I went to work anyway because there is SO MUCH to do. We had a meeting where the Creative Services Director spoke to us about his efforts to streamline the processes, why it is important, etc... I sat and listened and responded appropriately when necessary, but I had my eyes closed. Afterward Susan took me in an office and told me how rude and unprofessional I was and that if I am that ill I should stay home. She asked how long have I had a headache and I said THREE WEEKS. She went on to recommend that perhaps I should try some of the new medications that are currently being advertised. Tell me, is this ANY of her Goddamn business? I feel like they are going to pick on everything I do until they find some reason to fire me and I had better step up my job search. What a pisser. I'd better start getting my ass out of bed and getting to work on time, but it is fucking difficult when I am waking up with a blood sugar of 70 and under and my blood pressure is like 100/60. I see the dr. sometime in the next two weeks and maybe it is time to drop another pill so my morning sugars aren't so low.

Michael is at Bike Project and I feel like crawling in bed, but I really need to clean the kitchen, make a run to the evil empire - need to replace the exploded microwave that I don't want to live without. Also need to exercise and type a few hundred entries in the orchestra directory so when I see Jane Wednesday night I can honestly say I have made some progress on it. I spent all my time over the weekend either at Stephanie's, recovering from Stephanie's, or trying to do enough of my own house so that it didn't appear as if I had spent my entire weekend working at Stephanie's.... That didn't leave any time for orchestra directory even though I did not get in Farmer's Market, thrift shopping or DUMP - which is dangerous in maggot season.

But you know what? I love life anyway. I had a nice dinner with Michael tonight. Creamed eggs on toast and tomato salad with my own homegrown tomatoes!

I am really, really happy for tomato salad.

No comments: