CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Wasting time

It is SO hot.

I have a copy editor job at Cook Medical For which I should be applying right now. I am intimidated, however, because I know I made a grammar error in my cover letter in my last application. I won't let myself go to bed tonight until it is done so I 'd better get moving soon!

I am selfishly worried about work tomorrow. If the Martinsville office is still flooded or without power I will end up doing double work again this week, even though Pam is back from vacation. What a selfish bitch I am to think about myself and not the people whose homes are flooded! I am worried about my mental health, though, seriously. I was really on the brink Friday.

Drive-in was good last night. I REALLY liked King Fu Panda. It was well done, Jack Black kicked some panther ass. I said to Heather, "I always think it's kind of funny how much you like children's movies, but I think I like this one enough that it will be one of my favorites." She sat quietly for a second and then said something like, "You think it's weird I like kid's movies?" I think I hurt her feelings. She then said something about having enough drama in her life already - which I can see.... I guess maybe my theory is I can distract by focusing on other drama and not real life. She just distracts with another method. I must admit to just last week, though, when Sarah said the girls had never seen "Beauty and the Beast," I impulsively wanted to say they could have my DVD, but a part of ME wanted to have that DVD SO badly I didn't do it because I love to sing along with Belle on that first song... so I guess I have a little of that children's movie thing too...

Speaking of drama... I talked to my Sister in Law a long time today about Mom and Dad and the house and their health and the STUFF and the SITUATION and I am so confused and frustrated and I wish there would be some magic way to make it all better. I think the magic way would be lots of money, but unfortunately, none of us have that. I can barely keep afloat for me and Michael. I did realize I have friends who work in the health care and specifically elder care industry in their area and I should use them as a resource and that is one of my first steps. Big DUH on my part.

Happy today for: Debbie - who even though she always cancels on me when we make plans, printed out the forms for Michael's canoe trip and brought them down for me so I could be prepared when I take him to drop him off tomorrow. Reliable and helpful for something that really counted!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I talked to my mom about your parents tonight too. She's concerned but it seems like such a hopeless situation. Unless you can convince them that they need to get rid of the junk so they can downsize then it's not going to be pretty. Anyone doing it 'for them' is going to hated and seen as invading their privacy. Yet, it needs to be done.

My mom said something about convincing them to have a garage sale as a way to 'get rid of their stuff' without 'taking it away'.

They're so sensitive about it too- which makes it doubly hard.

Those flooding pictures are amazing (in a scary way). I'm glad you guys are dry.

Yay for applying for the job! I hope you get it.

Sorry I've been a bad blogging niece lately. I've not been able to keep up- it's time to weed through my blogs again and dispense with the ones I don't LOVE.