CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Okay a little more.

I love Jon and Kate plus Eight and I love this episode when they go to Disney World. I need a Dose of Disney SO BAD. I am embarrassed to put it in writing, but I bought tickets to the Lion King show tonight. It is in November and because I am a member if the Disney Friends and Family I got presale tickets for $20 each for upper balcony. I had to get FIVE because of the exchange student so it was still a significant amount of money, but, but , but... it's the LION KING! You should have seen me the first time I saw the Lion King.... that first scene when all the animals are coming, I sobbed like a baby. When we were at Disney World and saw a Lion King show that was just part of it, yep. For some reason that show just gets me. (Plus, Heather said she'd help me pay for them)

As a matter of fact, that is actually what prompted our trip to Disney World in 2004. I heard on the radio that the traveling Lion King show was coming to Indiana about when Spring break was and I thought I would get tickets and that would be our spring break treat. Well when I called, tickets were SO expensive that I thought it would probably be cheaper to go to Disney World than to see the Lion King for two hours. I looked online and it WAS! I got three day park hopper tickets for less than it was to see the show! So I booked a hotel on Priceline - found a brand new, nice hotel for around $40 a night, drove straight down, I think we may have stayed one night in a hotel, we had dinner with Julia in Georgia on the way, got to Disney World, had mucho fantastico time. Drove straight back, sleeping in rest stops and a Cracker Barrel parking lot on the way! and it was wonderful - one of the best things I have EVER done in my life. It is something I will NEVER regret doing.

I also took a trip down by myself a couple of years ago. I was supposed to go to New Orleans with an unnamed friend who chickened out and I was mad so I just bought a plane ticket and hotel stay for myself and got both for the fantastical rate of about $250 for five days I think. I had such a blast. I couldn't really afford Disney so I did the thing where you go hear a spiel on a time share and get a cheap Disney ticket. I chose the MGM part because I love the Aerosmith roller coaster, I got to see the space shuttle take off (from afar), meet Deborah Anna (I still swear they fed me GOAT at that place!) and I just generally relaxed, which at the time I was having a really hard time doing at home. I didn't have cable TV at the time and I did a lot of lying about watching cable TV and working on craft projects. I finished pillow cases I had been working on for several years! I lay by the pool. I ate out - after pay day! It was funny.. I was really poor until after my paycheck was deposited so after my initial lunch out I couldn't afford to eat out until pay day. I took boxes of crackers and cup of soup packets and I ran water through the coffee machine and heated it and ate cup of soup and crackers until payday! I planned my trip so that my Disney day was after pay day so I could afford to eat at the park and stuff. I had to plan that trip VERY carefully. I needed that trip so badly though and it was wonderful, even with the cup of soup!

I have a goal to take a trip by myself for at least two days again this year. I don't know where yet. It may be soon because Michael will be at his dad's for several weeks coming up. I need to think of nearby ideas. If I go to a state park with a lodge during the week it may be affordable, or maybe I'll camp by myself. As long as there are flushing toilets, I'm good. If there are only pit toilets I can only pee once a day and I'm getting too old for that.

I checked the cheesecake - it's up to the tippy top. I have to remember to use a 10 inch pan next time and not the nine inch!

No comments: