CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Home visit...

Just had my home visit from the Exchange Program Coordinator. I know they are also checking my references because Deanna sent me an email and said they called her last night. It sounds pretty good. My worries are about weekends when Michael is gone to his dad's but she says we will just work them out - even having Roman go to other people's houses if I need to at first.

I did three things today I haven't done in a LONG time:

1) Paid for a haircut. Got it chopped pretty short. It was getting pretty long, but raggedy looking, so now it's kind of a short bob, just below ear level. I decided very impulsively on my lunch hour when I saw a picture of a woman in a magazine.

2) Went through Wendy's drive-through and bought a hamburger and french fries. Funny thing is, I guess that led to another thing I haven't done in a while - I threw it away before I was finished. It just didn't taste that good and I didn't want to finish it. I guess that is good.

3) Got in line for gas before the price went up twenty cents. I was probably one of the last ones to get it, too. I got my gas for $3.99 and went through the drive through at Wendys and by the time I came out about six minutes later it was $4.19. All the other stations in town had gone up earlier in the day and this was the last one.

Report on the cheesecake. I was talking on the phone and Steve left me a message that said, "There is a (expletive deleted) cheesecake orgy going on back here. If you want any of your own creation, you'd better get back here fast!" They said it was wonderful. I had to admit to them that I rarely eat cheesecake. Debbie didn't email the pictures. She must not have had a chance to download them yet. There are LOTS of weekend deadlines right now so it's understandable. Maybe tomorrow.

My kitchen is already clean because I didn't cook dinner and I did the cheesecake dishes and the lunch dishes before the Exchange Program person came over so tonight I am going to work on my laundry and cut out Miko's dress, I hope. It's already 9:30, but at least I can get the fabric ironed and the pattern pinned, right?

Happy today for: Said cheesecake orgy and happiness of IT guys. Not just because I have the crush on Steve, but because I really am happy to have a way to express my gratitude for the help they give me.

No comments: