CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Home for lunch.

had a nice time last night with Tim. I don't think I'm up for anything serious with him. He still has a young child (five year old son) and you know I am WAY over having a young child in my life. It was really nice, however, to be with an INTELLIGENT man and have a nice conversation. It might be nice to hang out or mess around (come to your own definition of that, dear reader) with him every now and then if he feels similarly. (That's my "so there," Erin!)

Blood sugar was 91 before lunch and I didn't feel shaky! I must be getting used to having lower numbers. Yay!

Heather is still in hospital. As far as I know they still haven't determined the source of the infection.

I've been saying all week that I am going to go to contra-dance tonight, but at the same time it sure sounds nice to come home and be in my house when I know I have to drive up and go get Michael tomorrow after work. I haven't gone to contra for so long, though, and it is a nice activity, good exercise and lots of nice people. It is the kind of thing I should be doing while Michael is away and mom duty is on hold.

I wrote a long letter to our exchange student yesterday. I am still nervous about him coming, but I felt like I was able to tell him more about our family and it is good that he knows that stuff ahead of time.

Watched a trailer of a movie about people trying the raw food diet for thirty days and it implies that it "cured" their diabetes, even Type I. I would like to see the entire movie. I may check on Netflix and see if they have it. I have been thinking of doing the cheap Netflix again anyway. Erin says she is going to experiment with it. Maybe I will let her be a guinea pig for me! :) Michael wants us to eat fewer processed foods, which I think is fine, but I don't know if I could go all raw. I am learning to provide for him as a vegetarian, but with no eggs, dairy etc. I don't know how to get enough protein... I already worry about Michael eating enough fat and getting enough calories. He must have two or three percent body fat. I think he was even thinner after just a week at his dad's. He made sure to take some TVP and tofu with him for this week. I think he lived on peanut butter last week and also rode his bike three hours a day and that just won't work! Sigh... how can you have a child who wants to eat healthy food and refuse to provide it? I just don't understand! I swear I think it's child abuse. Well, it probably really is abuse, because it is an issue of control over somebody who is really old enough to make his own choices, and I think Michael is making good choices for sound reasons and deserves respect for that! Damn Ed.

Well, I'd better get back to work.

I don't know what I'm happy for yet today. I think probably Deanna as my friend. I really miss her living in town and I am so happy that she emailed me today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found that Living Tree place who ran the experiment. I am going to email them and ask them to consider me the next time they do a clinical trial. I am starting tomorrow w/ the whole vegetarian diet thing. I bought In defense of food and some raw detox diet book to read while the engage in this experiment. I am very nervous...because I have to give up a lot of things I love...but if it works, and I can go on a very little insulin to none, I should be allll for this.