CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day off.

It didn't go exactly as planned, but then, I didn't really have a big plan anyway. It ended up with Kevin taking Jack to the mall to get his stir fry, so Steph came over and hung out. Things were back and forth all day with Stephanie and Kevin fighting over the phone a couple of times, etc. At one point I had Jack and Alex over here while the adults were at home fighting. Kevin came to pick them up and tried to get me on "his side." "I don't know what Steph has told you, but there is no other woman. I know you are trying to be a good friend, but by letting her come over here you are just enabling her in abusing me. When she gets alcohol in her she is mean to me." I just raised my hands and said over and over, "I am not involved in this." I know Steph drinks (Sarah, it really was all her booze in the fridge and garage I swear!). I have seen her after drinking a lot, and have never seen her mean, just really, really sad. She hates Indiana. This is her worst fear, that she would some to Indiana, a nowhere place to her, and he would leave her with no resources, no support, nothing. He has his family and friends here because this is his hometown and he has never grown up and still has the same buds as forever, but she left all that for him, and I really think I am about her only friend. She has worked so hard, first making a living and then finishing college, that she hasn't had much time for much else. The whole thing is horribly sad for all involved, even though I still reiterate that I think Kevin has acted like a brain-dead fuck.

Miko's dress is mostly assembled, except for the sleeves. The neckline looks bad, though. I am trying to decide if I want to pick it apart and try again. Sigh. Also I want to remember how to make a thread button loop, instead of using elastic like the pattern says to. I like it better when it's the same color as the dress. I made a dress for Emily where it has a similar neckline AND I made a thread loop that I want to look at. I loaned it to somebody for pioneer day and never got it back. I called her today and she said she'd put it out on her porch before she went somewhere, but I went down there and it wasn't out. It kind of pissed me off. I know I have forgotten stuff like that too, but I really hoped to finish the dress today and I need to look at the other one to get reminded. I have sewn in the past few years, but only free-form stuff I have made up myself, pillow cases, shower curtain, chalk bag... I can hardly remember how to follow a pattern and trim seams the right way etc. I may need to get more fabric and do attempt two to make Miko's dress really nice!

Happy today for: my new sewing machine. even though I am having skill recall trouble at least I don't have to contend with technical difficulties at the same time.

No comments: