CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Not dead yet!

Thanks for caring! I feel so loved for your call, Nanna!

I have been familying and traveling and pseudo-blogging in my notebook to be transcribed and backdated later. Sarah and children and I just returned from a trip to Lafayette where we spent time with my daughter, sister, mom and dad, brother, nephew, wife and baby. We took children to park twice, cooked out once, karaoked until three o'clock in the morning! ate out twice, sat around and talked a lot, did some general loafing, one late night Wal-mart run - the twins decided roommate Lorraine's toothpaste would make great shampoo and that a toothbrush was a fine tool for fixing the top of a shampoo bottle... It was fun and generally relaxing and nice.

I feel full and tired and satisfied. I am sad that I have to go back to work tomorrow and everyone else still gets to play a few more days. Sarah will be heading back up tomorrow to see everybody some more.

Happy today that my parents live near the same park that when I was little we went to Lafayette to visit MY grandparents and played in Columbian Park. They have a brand new playground, courtesy of Subaru, but the "curly slide" that was the big attraction when I was small has been saved and turned into a sculpture that is nearby. It is nostalgic for me and fun and safe for the new little ones at the same time. I wonder if the ducks and geese we fed bread a re descendants of the same ducks and geese I fed when I was little! Emily took pictures and I asked her to email some to me so I hope she does!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you're enjoying your visit with Sarah!